12

A/N: Sorry I've been so MIA lately. I'm currently moving, and working 2 jobs, so time to write has been lacking. Also my laptop is still broken... oops. 

But here is the next part for you all. <3

Nic's PoV:

"It's about time."

With that I pull Bob down to my lips by the collar of his shirt. He is obviously a bit stunted for a second before he responds. One of his hands falls to my waist and the other to the base of my head. After a few seconds, he pulls away. Breathing a bit harder than before his eyes open and lock with mine.

"You never seem to cease to amaze me Little bird." He says while keeping me close to him, resting his forehead on mine.

"Well I like to keep you on your toes." I chirp back with a smile.

"I want to see where this goes, but I also don't want to compromise either of our chances to go on this mission." he says hesitantly.

"So we keep this thing between us quiet for now, at least till after the mission." I suggest.

"Just between us. Tell everyone that we decided to just stay friends?" He asks, raising an eyebrow. "You think we can keep this from Phoenix Payback and Fanboy? People we hangout with almost everyday." he adds.

"Ok so maybe some people will find out, but we only tell them if they ask?" I revise.

"Sounds good to me." He replies, pulling back slightly.

"Can I ask you a question though?" I ask before he can pull all the way back.

"Of course Little bird." He replies, settling back into me.

"Why do you call me little bird?"
This question causes him to pause and think.

'I guess when you introduced yourself to Hangman as the 'other aviator with an air-to-air kill' You had him so confused. It was clear he had gone a while thinking he was the only one with a confirmed kill, yet there you were this 5 ft lady giving pause to this 6'2" guy who was convinced he was all that. The name just felt right." He shrugged.

I could do nothing but stare up at him. He notices all the little things along with the bigger picture things and hasn't shied away from me.

After a few more moments at the car Bob suggests that We head back to the apartments before anyone thinks he has kidnapped me. Laughing at the fact he thinks anyone could kidnap me, he walks me to my apartment before bidding me good night.

"Goodnight my little bird." He says kissing my cheek.

"Goodnight Robert." I call as he begins to walk away.

Turning I walk into my apartment, just be bombarded with questions from Phoenix before the door could even close.

"Where have you been? Was the date fun? How did you just spend almost 11 hrs on a date? Are you going out again?"

"Wow! Phoenix take a breath. The date was fun. We just lost track of time on the pier. I'm not sure about going out again, we don't want to jeopardize the mission. Now that I've answered your questions, can I go to bed? I'm tired." I say walking backwards towards my bedroom door.

"Fine I guess, but you are telling me everything on the way to training tomorrow." She calls back as I walk into my room and close the door for the night.

—-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next morning I woke up to a text from Mav in a group chat with all of those in the mission training that regular training is canceled and everyone is to meet at the beach behind Hard Deck at zero seven hundred hours in athletic gear. I come out of my room in a white sports bra, black Nike pro shorts and one of my dads Hawaiian shirts over top. Phoenix is dressed in something similar but with a hoodie over her sports bra.