Chapter-2

Hello my lovely readers,

so here is second part, I know I said I will be posting one chapter a week but I was curious to know your thoughts.

enjoy reading..!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

INAYAT POV: -

Life has a way of surprising us, but I never anticipated the curveball it threw my way. I knew Uncle Raj was a businessman, but I had no idea he was the owner of Singhania Enterprises. And Veer? What was his connection to all this?

As I was lost in my thoughts, the principal's voice brought me back to reality. "Miss Inayat," she called out. I turned towards her, "Yes, ma'am?" She asked if I had brought my parents or guardian for the formalities. I started to respond, "Actually..." when Uncle Raj interrupted, "I'll handle Inayat's formalities."

Everyone turned to look at him as he ascended the stairs to the stage. The principal seemed taken aback, "But sir, only signatures of parents or guardians are valid." Uncle Raj calmly responded, "I'm her guardian. You can verify it with your data."

He completed the formalities and patted my head. The whispers among the children grew louder, and I could feel Veer's gaze on me. "Thank you, Uncle," I said as we descended the stairs together. He simply smiled in response.

"Aisha confronted me, "Inayat, you never mentioned that Uncle Raj was Vanraj Singhania." I started to respond, "I also didn't know-", when Mia interjected, "Of course, she must have done something. Why else would a celebrity like him become a guardian of a charity case?" Neha retorted, "Mia, you need a reality check," as she tried to stand up, but I held her back.

The fest concluded around 11pm and we were ready to depart. As I approached the exit gate, a guard informed me that Uncle Raj was waiting for me near his car.

"Uncle, you wanted to see me?" I asked. He nodded, "Yes beta, I know you have many questions. I can't answer them now, but I will when the time is right." He then added, "I want you to come to the Singhania mansion tomorrow. I have something important to discuss." Before I could protest, he said, "I'll send a driver to pick you up at 11am."

Suddenly we heard Veer's voice, "Dadu, let's go." We turned towards him. He stopped in his tracks when he saw me. His brown hazel eyes seemed to be trying to decipher my thoughts. Uncle Raj broke the silence, "Oh Inayat beta, meet Veer, my grandson."

"Good evening Mr. Singhania," I greeted Veer and then turned back to Uncle Raj, "Uncle, it's late. I should leave now." He insisted on sending me home with his driver. Despite my protests, he said firmly, "No arguments Inayat. Manish will drop you at your apartment. See you tomorrow."

This version maintains the Indian touch and improves clarity and flow while preserving the original essence of your story.

VEER POV: -

"Sir, Mr. Batra is waiting for you in the meeting room," Neel, my secretary, informs me as we step into the lift. "Did you inform him that the deal is on a 50-50 basis?" I inquire. "Yes, sir, but he insists on speaking with you. Mahir sir is also present," he replies as we head towards the meeting room.

"Good morning, Mr. Singhania," greets Mr. Batra. "Morning, Mr. Batra. What brings the owner of Batra Industries to grace me with his presence?" I ask, settling into my seat. "Always ready for business, aren't you? How's everything at Singhania Mansion?" he inquires. "I appreciate your concern, Mr. Batra, but my personal affairs shouldn't be of interest to you," I respond.

"Well, well, well, Mr. Singhania, I have a more lucrative offer for you," he announces, leaning forward on the table. "Do tell," I prompt him. "Marry my daughter Mia and secure 65% of the deal," he proposes. I clench my jaw to control my rising anger; out of the corner of my eye, I see Mahir and Neel growing tense.

"Mr. Batra, in that case, I'd prefer to withdraw from this deal altogether. Mahir, please handle the necessary formalities," I say curtly before exiting the room.

I get into the car and instruct driver Kaka to take me to Singhania Mansion. Usually, I would head to my penthouse as I prefer solitude, but today Dadu has requested me to stay with them for a few days. The encounter with Batra has soured my mood; it's best if I work from home today to avoid taking out my frustration on others.

As soon as I enter the mansion, I'm enveloped in a warm hug by my mother and then my little sister, Niyati. "I missed you, Bhai," she says. "Me too," I reply, kissing her forehead. "How are you, beta?" Mom asks. "I'm fine. I'm heading to my office," I respond, also kissing her forehead. "I'll send something for you to eat," she assures me, and I nod in agreement.

"Veer, I heard you dismissed the deal with Batra," Dad says as he joins me in the home office. "Why?" Dadu chimes in. Even though he's retired, he always keeps everything in check. "Well, Dadu, actually..." I begin, but Mahir interjects, "Batra proposed that Veer marry his daughter in exchange for 65% of the deal, but Veer declined." I turn towards Dadu, expecting him to scold me, but to my surprise, he's smiling. "Dadu, why are you smiling?" Mahir and I ask simultaneously. "You still love her," Dadu states. "Dadu..." I start to protest but am interrupted by Dadu again. "Get ready, Veer. We're going somewhere. Meet me in the car within 15 minutes," he instructs before leaving the room. I look towards Dad; he just shrugs.

I get up and head towards my room. Opening the closet, my eyes are drawn to the safe. I unlock it with my fingerprint and take out a photo. I stare at it - 'my angel'.

Veer Bhai, Dadu is asking for you," Niya calls from the closet door, prompting me to quickly lock the safe

Veer Bhai, Dadu is asking for you," Niya calls from the closet door, prompting me to quickly lock the safe. "Coming," I respond and leave the room.

"Where are we going, Dadu?" I ask. "You'll find out once we get there," he replies, causing me to groan. Twenty minutes later, I find myself standing at a place I despise - The Singhania University. If I had known this was our destination, I would have never agreed to come. Now, all I can hope for is to avoid crossing paths with Ocean Eyes.

As we enter the hall, all eyes turn to us. Dadu is the chief guest at today's graduation fest. "I'll handle Inayat's formalities," Dadu announces beside me. At the mention of her name, my head shoots up and my brown hazel eyes meet her ocean eyes - the very ones I was trying to avoid. She's wearing a beige frock suit and looks like an angel who has just descended on earth. What am I even thinking?

"I'm her guardian; you can verify it with your data," Dadu states as he makes his way to the stage. I glance at Inayat; she's avoiding my gaze. Good, I don't want to see those eyes either. Her name may be Inayat, but she is not MY INAYAT, MY ROOH. Yes, many people share the same name; this must be a coincidence.

After Dadu finishes signing the papers, we both take our seats. "Dadu, you have a lot to explain," I whisper in his ear. He just smiles in response.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, how was it ? 

okay so If honestly I say I was pretty nervous about posting this book here and I know some of you must find first two chapters slow paced but trust me from next chapter it will get interesting.  

so don't break the chain of reading this story updates will remain constant and if I got some boost and my mind starts working I will post the next chapter within this week.  And if you are not able to understand this Punjabi song its totally fine I just wanted to add some vibe to chapter.

And also ignore grammatical mistakes .