Chapter-21

Hello dear readers,

here is the next update, I hope you enjoy.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

INAYAT POV: -

When Veer mentioned that he was taking me to a business party, I was initially unsure. But the moment he added that it was organized by one of his Korean clients, I couldn't resist. I found myself wishing Neha and Aisha were here too; they would have been over the moon.

I decided to wear my wine-colored gown, a piece I had bought with my first salary. It was a special dress for what I anticipated to be a special night. I let my hair down, allowing it to cascade freely over my shoulders. A glance in the mirror confirmed that I looked good. I opted for minimal makeup, just a touch of lip gloss and eyeliner. Simple, yet elegant. I was ready for the evening.

As I enter the room, I find Veer engrossed in his laptop

As I enter the room, I find Veer engrossed in his laptop. But as soon as he sees me, he stops and just stares. He sets his laptop aside and walks towards me, taking his time. He stands in front of me, and I can't help but look down, the intensity of his gaze too much to bear. He leans down and whispers in my ear, "Are you made out of grapes?" I look at him in confusion, but before I can respond, he continues, "Because you are fine as wine." He then pecks my lips, and I playfully hit his chest. "Veer, shut up," I say, checking my reflection in the mirror one last time as he chuckles.

"I'll get ready. Wait for me downstairs," he says, and I nod in agreement. But just as he's about to enter the closet, I quickly kiss his cheek and dash out of the room, his calls echoing behind me.

I make my way downstairs as quickly as I can, grateful for the support the leg brace provides. "Inayat, slow down. You'll hurt your leg. And where's your cane?" Mahir Bhai cautions me from the sofa where he's playing chess with Dadu. "Mahir Bhai, Veer got me a leg support. See?" I say, showing him. "Wow, but still, don't strain your leg too much," he advises, and I nod in agreement. "Are you going somewhere, bache?" Dadu asks. "Yes, Dadu. Veer is taking me to one of his business parties tonight," I explain as I sit down to watch them play chess. "When are Vikrant and Meera coming back?" Dadu asks. "I don't know, Dadu," I reply, shrugging.

"Where's Niya?" I ask Mahir Bhai. "She's staying at her friend's house today. And also, your butterscotch is in the fridge," he informs me. "Really? Thank you so much! I'll eat it after we come back," I say, grinning at him.

"Inayat, let's go," Veer calls from behind me. I turn to see him heading towards me, a smirk on his face. He's dressed in a suit and looks incredibly handsome. "Yeah, yes, let's go," I stammer, a bit flustered. "Dad, Mahir, we'll be late. You can sleep after having dinner," Veer tells them as he takes my hand. "Bye," I say, waving at them. "Enjoy!" Mahir Bhai calls after us. "Oh, we will," Veer replies, and I raise an eyebrow at him.