Chapter-16

Hello my lovely readers,

here is the next part as promised.

hope you enjoy : )

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

VEER POV: -

It's been three agonizing months since Inayat slipped into a coma. Every day has been a struggle, knowing that she's fighting for her life. The doctors have stopped her medication, saying she'll wake up when she's ready. But the wait is unbearable. I wish I could turn back time and clear the misunderstanding. Fate has always been cruel to us.

Her friends, Neha, Aisha, and Aman, visit her regularly, as do Mom and Niya. I stay with her at night, holding her hand, praying for her to wake up. Dad and Mahir visit her too. Dadu's health has deteriorated since the accident. He's not the same anymore.

Everyone has changed. The smiles have disappeared, replaced by worry and sadness. Work has taken a backseat for all of us. As for me, I regret every second of that day.

With Rishab and Sameer's help, we tracked down the truck driver. A few threats were all it took to find out who was behind the accident - Mia Batra. We've been trying to find her, but she seems to have vanished. The last trace of her was that she left the country.

I visited Batra's office, but he's hiding somewhere. But how did Mia know that Inayat was coming to give me lunch? Either she had someone spying on Inayat, or someone from the penthouse society is involved.

I'm sitting in my cabin when my phone rings. It's Neha. "Hello," I answer. "Veer, come fast, someone attacked Inayat," she says, her voice filled with panic. I drop everything and run towards my car. I need to get to Inayat, now.

I drive recklessly, not caring about the signals. The thought that 'someone tried to kill my Inayat' again is all I can think about.

Within 10 minutes, I reach the hospital and see Neha standing outside Inayat's room. I rush towards her. She has a bandage wrapped around her head. "What happened?" I ask. "Veer, when I entered Inayat's room, a man in a black mask was standing beside Inayat, and he had removed Inayat's oxygen mask. He was trying to kill her. I tried to stop him, but he was too fast," she says, crying. "How is she now? Tell me she's alive," I ask, my voice shaking. "Aisha is inside with other doctors," she says.

I'm pacing back and forth. I didn't tell anyone about this at home, but I did call Sameer and gave him the details. He said he would follow up with everything with the police.

Aisha comes out of her room, and I rush towards her. "How is she?" I ask, breathing heavily and growing impatient. "You should go inside," she says and turns towards Neha. I enter the room.

Inayat is lying on the bed, looking at the ceiling. Her eyes are open. 'Her eyes are open and alive.' Then she sees me. I slowly walk towards her. "Where were you?" she asks, her voice dry and hoarse. I sit on the stool beside her bed. "Sorry, I left you here alone. I shouldn't have gone. I'm sorry," I say, holding her hands and kissing the back of it.