Chapter-23

Hello my dear readers,

here is the next update and  the story has crossed 1k reads thank you so much.

enjoy reading

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Veer pov: -

I enter my cabin to find Sameer already seated there, deep in conversation with the inspector. "Good morning, Mr. Singhania," the inspector greets me, and I respond with a nod. "Inspector, have you found any trace of Manish Batra or his daughter, Mia Batra?" I ask, settling into my chair. "Our team is on their trail after we traced their phones. Manish Batra is currently in London, along with Mia," he informs me. "Listen carefully now, the son of Manish Batra is here in Delhi," I reveal. "Rahul Batra? But hasn't Manish disowned him?" Sameer interjects. "That was a smokescreen," I clarify. "What do you want us to do?" the inspector asks. "I have a plan," I assure them. "What are you planning, Veer?" Sameer inquires.

Just then, the door swings open, revealing my Inayat. She enters the cabin, greeting the inspector with a warm "hello" before hugging Sameer. "How are you, bhai?" she asks him. "I'm fine. Tell me about you? How's your health?" he responds. "I'm fine, Bhai," she assures him, then turns towards me, her smile lighting up the room. I stand up to let her take my seat.

"Manish Batra is Inayat's dad's foster brother. He was the one who planned that accident 18 years ago. He wanted the inheritance money of Inayat's father, but when he didn't agree, Manish planned the accident. However, Inayat didn't die in the accident. When he found out about her, he tortured her, but he got another chance because everything was under Inayat's name after her father's death. He couldn't take the money until Inayat turned 18, so he left her alive. Dadu saved Inayat, but to keep her safe, he made the Vaid family's death public. Somehow, Manish also believed that Inayat had died, but Mia Batra, his daughter, found out that she is the real Inayat, the holder of the Vaid's inheritance," I explain.

"So, you're saying that the Bartas are actually Vaid's?" Sameer asks, trying to piece together the information. "Yes, and now they're after Inayat so they can take hold of the inheritance," I confirm. "What do you plan on doing, Mr. Singhania?" the inspector asks. "Sameer, I need you to spread the news that the only heir of the Vaid's is alive and she is planning to donate all her inheritance to an orphanage," I instruct. "Are you sure?" he asks, looking a bit taken aback. "Yes, Inayat will make a public appearance tomorrow," I say, glancing at Inayat who is smiling at me. I return her smile. "Do you think after hearing this, Batra will come out of hiding?" Sameer asks. "He will," I assure him. "Inspector, I need full security tomorrow. We can't risk the Batra's hurting Inayat," I say. "Yes, Mr. Singhania," the inspector agrees. "Get to work," I say, and they both leave my cabin.

Inayat comes and stands in front of me. "I'm nervous," she admits. "You can do this," I reassure her, and she hugs me. "Let's get ready for tomorrow?" I suggest, and she nods. It's almost lunchtime when Inayat finishes learning her speech, sitting with me on the couch. I'm impressed by how quickly she picks things up.

"I have to visit the orphanage to tell them about the donation, and after that, I'm visiting Aisha's house as today is her birthday," she informs me. I nod in understanding. "Take the driver with you and wish Aisha a happy birthday from my side as well," I say, kissing her forehead. She smiles and kisses my cheek before leaving the office.

 She smiles and kisses my cheek before leaving the office