Chapter- 5

Hello my lovely readers,

so here is the next chapter. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

INAYAT POV: -

Everyone is gathered in the garden, except for Veer and Mahir Bhai. There's a sense of familiarity, as if this isn't the first time we're sitting here. "Inayat beta, have you decided what you want to do now that you've completed your studies?" Vikrant Uncle asks. "Uncle, I've been working at a dance studio. I haven't thought about pursuing any particular career," I reply.

"You haven't changed a bit. When you were little, you always danced and made us join in," he reminisces. I turn around to see Mahir Bhai and Veer approaching us. Mahir Bhai engulfs me in a brotherly hug, which I return wholeheartedly.

Breaking the hug, I look at Veer and smile, but he just looks at me with an expression of hurt, as if he wants to say something but can't.

I sit back down beside Meera Aunty. "Veer, come sit," Raj Uncle invites him, patting the space beside him. Veer follows his instruction and sits down next to him. This time, I don't divert my gaze from him. "We have finalized your marriage with Inayat," Uncle announces. "REALLY!!" Mahir Bhai exclaims, causing Veer to look up and our eyes meet. "Inayat is ready for marriage but she said she needs some time before the wedding so we will only do the engagement for now and will proceed with the wedding when you both feel it's the right time," Meera Aunty explains. "So it's final that the engagement is on Saturday," Raj Uncle confirms. "And you will accompany your mom, Inayat, along with Niya for shopping tomorrow," he adds while Veer continues to hold my gaze. "Inayat, you must be tired. Niya beta, show Inayat her room," Meera Aunty suggests but Veer interrupts and says, "I'll show her."

Veer remains silent as we walk through the halls of the mansion. I don't know how he has felt all these years and I can't even do anything to make him feel better because I don't know anything.

"We have reached," Veer announces as he opens a door. There are two more doors opposite this one. "Thank you and good night," I say before heading inside. "Inayat," Veer whispers from behind me. I turn around and suddenly find myself engulfed in a tight hug. I stand there rigidly as I can feel his heart thumping against mine which feels like it's about to burst but then I realize: sometimes, a hug is worth more than a thousand words.

Even though I don't remember him or my childhood, he remembers everything about me. I thought my childhood had disappeared in that accident, but no, he's the one who's been carrying the memories of our childhood alone all these years. I don't know why, but I find myself hugging him back.

I believe it's okay to enjoy someone's presence without having a 'label' on what you two are. Let everything fall into place as it's supposed to.

He breaks the hug and looks at me while I look down. "I'm sorry," I say. "Why are you sorry? I shouldn't have hugged-" he starts to say, but I cut him off. "It's not that. I'm sorry because you remember everything about me - us - and I don't even know anything about you," I say, still looking down.