Chapter-10

INAYAT POV: -

INAYAT POV: -

I'm currently in the passenger seat of Veer's G-Wagon, feeling a whirlwind of emotions. I've agreed to live with Veer, but the reality of sharing a home with a man for the rest of my life is starting to sink in. I silently pray for strength.

After an hour-long drive, we arrive at a towering skyscraper. Its top is so high it's shrouded in clouds. Veer opens my car door and I step out. "Ready?" he asks, and I nod.

He instructs the gatekeeper to bring our luggage. We head towards the elevator, which is all glass on three sides. As we step inside, Veer presses '42'. "You live on the 42nd floor?" I blurt out before I can stop myself. "Yeah," he replies casually. Looking out of the glass, I can't help but think 'this is so high' and without realizing it, I move closer to Veer. "Don't worry, you won't fall," he reassures me, holding my hand. Did I say that out loud? "Yes, you did," he confirms with a smile.

The elevator doors open to reveal a beautifully designed penthouse that screams 'Veer Singhania'. It's stunning! But it's also a bit intimidating.

The penthouse, a canvas painted in the monochrome shades of white, black, and grey, offers a panoramic view of the city

The penthouse, a canvas painted in the monochrome shades of white, black, and grey, offers a panoramic view of the city. "Chalo, let's get you inside," Veer says, his voice echoing in the vast expanse. As I step inside, to my left lies a kitchen that could easily fit a small army of chefs. To my right, a lobby that opens up to an awe-inspiring view of the cityscape and the endless sea beyond. Adjacent to the lobby, stairs spiral upwards towards what I assume are the bedrooms. A balcony, adorned with patio furniture and a swimming pool, extends from the lobby.

Veer's voice pulls me back from my reverie. "I'm hurt," he says. Confused, I ask, "Huh?" He replies with a playful smirk, "When a handsome man is standing beside you, you shouldn't be admiring the house." I can feel my cheeks warming up as I blush. "It's not that I-I was..." He interrupts me, "It's okay Inayat, I was just teasing. Let me show you to your room so you can freshen up."

His words make me stiffen. I'm not ready to share a bedroom yet. Sensing my tension, he approaches me and gently takes my hands in his. "Inayat," he says softly, "you can trust me. I will never hurt you. You are safe with me and I promise I will never cross any boundaries without your permission." He then lifts my hand and plants a gentle kiss on my palm. I nod in understanding.