Chapter-17

Hello my lovely readers,

here is the next update,

enjoy reading.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

VEER POV: -

We're currently ensconced in the car, making our way towards the Singhania mansion. I've opted for a driver this time, as Inayat is fast asleep on my lap in the backseat.

We arrive at the Singhania mansion around 3pm. Inayat is still deep in slumber, so I gently lift her in my arms and head inside. The entire household is gathered in the lobby, eagerly awaiting our arrival. But one look at the sleeping Inayat, and they understand.

I carry her to my room, tucking her into bed and wrapping her snugly in blankets. While she continues to sleep, I decide to freshen up. Once I'm done, I'll bring some food up to the room for when she wakes.

 Once I'm done, I'll bring some food up to the room for when she wakes

INAYAT POV: -

I'm trapped in a dark alley, my heart pounding as I try to escape the monstrous figures looming behind me. I'm praying, pleading for someone to come and save me. They've taken everything from me - my mother, my father, and my baby brother. The brother I was supposed to play with, to grow up with. But they took him too.

"There she is," a voice growls. A man, his face obscured by a black mask, grabs my hair. I cry out in pain, calling for my parents. "They're dead, you stupid kid. If your father had agreed to our deal, you all would be alive. But he chose this," he sneers.

His fists rain down on me, each blow a cruel reminder of my helplessness. I'm crying, screaming, but there's no one to hear me. "Enough. Leave her alive. We can't let her die. Dump her near the car where her parents are. The police will be here soon," another voice orders.

They killed my family. They killed my mother, my father, my brother. "Inayat, Inayat, wake up. It's just a dream," a faint voice tries to reassure me. But I refuse to believe it's a dream. "No, they killed my family. Now they're going to kill me," I sob, the tears streaming down my face.