Chapter 22

By the time we reached the chalice most of the members had already left to go to sleep. We walked through the empty corridors and I giggled at the loud noise our footsteps made with every clumsily placed step we took. We reached the black spire at which point I struggled to locate which room was mine. Neco stood, seemingly with the same issue as me before his eyes fixed on a certain door.

"Do you want to come over for a drink?" his voice was quiet and slightly slurred. I imagined mine would be the same.

"Alcoholic?" I asked, he shook his head.

"Water or something, I wouldn't have any more alcohol tonight." I shrugged my shoulders and let Neco lead the way to his room which was on the same floor as mine coincidently. He fumbled with his key before finally succeeding in opening the door. His home looked to be the same as mine except with more furnishings and more colour. We head into the living room and then I slumped myself onto his sofa while he poured us water.

He soon returned and handed me a glass filled with water. He took a drink and I attempted to do the same but failed miserably as I spilt it down my shirt. I felt my face go red as Neco burst into laughter. The embarrassment sobered me up a little though as I felt my mind beginning to clear a little and my coordination return within reason as I attempted to salvage my shirt.

"Do you have anything I could wear instead of this?"

He held up a finger and walked out of the room. I finished the water, paying close attention so as not to spill any more. I pushed myself out of the sofa, steadying myself once I was on my feet. My head still felt clouded but my thoughts were back to normal now, Neco on the other hand was in another world. His speech was surprisingly clear though but his actions were clumsy and messy.

 He soon returned carrying a black shirt, he handed it to me, almost missing my hand.

"This should fit you, try it on and see how it is." I nodded and went into the bathroom, changing as quickly as my clumsy hands would allow me to.

I straightened the shirt which fit me perfectly and left the bathroom, I closed the door and walked into Neco who stood by the door to the living room.

"Sorry about that, I didn't mean it."

I rubbed my nose which was now throbbing, had I walked into Neco or the wall?

Neco lifted my hand away from my nose to inspect it.

"It looks sore." That's all he said as I tried to see if it was a strange colour by crossing my eyes.

I stood, looking like an idiot probably, trying to see my nose but stopped when I heard Neco laughing. I looked up at him, his eyes were bright and his cheeks were flushed.

"What are you laughing at?" I asked, defensively.

"You're adorable."

I felt my face burn at the compliment which only made Neco laugh harder. I turned my face away from him, refusing to look him in the eye. He moved his hand, tilting my chin up.

"Don't look away, it hurts."

I felt uncomfortable now, his face was too close to mine and I felt that he would fall on me.

"Why would it hurt you? Come on, you need to sleep you're going to hurt yourself like this."

I took his arm leading him to the bedroom as best I could in my current condition. I led him into the room, and turned to close the door behind me when suddenly I felt Neco's weight behind me. Had he fallen over?