1.1 chapter one ✔️

CHAPTER ONEPRETTY IN BLUE"when you go away, i still see you"˚✧₊⁎*⁎⁺˳✧༚

CHAPTER ONE
PRETTY IN BLUE
"when you go away, i still see you"
˚✧₊*⁎⁺˳✧༚

"Has anyone every told you how annoying you can be?"

Dan Humphrey and his 'comrade' Amelia Hopper were strolling down the streets of New York, headed in the direction of the bus stop. It was Friday, Amelia's favorite day of the week. To her, Friday's were the gift from Mother Earth after a hard working week of school. Friday's signalized the end of the school week and the beginning of the weekend. Though Amelia didn't really mind school ( yes, she knew she sounded like a complete nerd whenever she said those words ), the weekend allowed her to let her hair down. And in typical Amelia Hopper manner that directly translated into nestling in the comforts of her own tiny apartment with a good book and a cup of hot chocolate.

As Amelia had a limited social calendar, to put it kindly, she didn't really have tons of plans and invitations to parties on a Friday night. Which worked out perfectly for her. Spending her time bugging the Humphrey boy was more than enough to settle her social cravings. Not that she really had any of those.

"Yes. You have, on several occasions." Amelia grinned as she ruffled Dan's slightly grown out buzzcut, furthermore irritating him. Dan had a lot on his mind as of late. With his mother still located in Hudson, and Serena Van Der Woodsen being back in town he had plenty to ponder over. Fortunately for him, his female friend had this ridiculously effective way to put his mind off of things. "You're brooding." Amelia observed as she caught the look gracing her friend's face. "What's up?"

Dan huffed loudly, drawing in a deep breath. He didn't really want to talk about any of the things bothering him, particularly his mom.

Popping a piece of gum into her mouth, Amelia began guessing. "It doesn't happen to have anything to do with a pretty blonde, does it?" The brunette girl queried tauntingly, chewing menacingly on her gum. Dan's eyes shot over at the Hopper girl in annoyance.

"I'm not brooding." He shut her down. "Especially not over some girl that'll never notice me." He finished, ready to retire the thoughts of the Van Der Woodsen girl. "I'm just tired. I didn't really get too much sleep." What Dan was saying wasn't necessarily a lie. He had been up all night, but not due to restlessness. He had been up scrolling through old Gossip Girl blasts about the specific blonde. The popular gossip site favored the it girl almost as much as he himself did. . .

"You're totally brooding, but as you're making it painfully obvious that you don't want to tell me what's up, I'm going to leave it." Amelia responded, shrugging her shoulders as they halted at the bus stop.

"Wow, really? Amelia Hopper is for once in her life not digging? Who are you, and what did you do to my nosy friend." Dan joked, causing the Hopper girl to roll her eyes.