1.2 chapter two

CHAPTER TWOBRUNCH O'CLOCK"i just wanna get high with my lover"˚✧₊⁎*⁎⁺˳✧༚

CHAPTER TWO
BRUNCH O'CLOCK
"i just wanna get high with my lover"
˚✧₊*⁎⁺˳✧༚

Is there really anything better than a lazy sunday? Reading the paper in bed, sipping coffee, scrambling an egg or two. Yeah, right. We Upper East Siders don't do lazy: Breakfast is brunch and it comes with champagne, a dress code and a hundred of our closest friends. . . and enemies. Chuck's dad Bart Bass is hosting the annual brunch for his foundation. Everyone is invited. Well, not everyone.

     On the Upper East Side scandals and lies are considered breakfast, leaving plenty of room for brunch. And no one does brunch quite like the wealthy elite of New York. Especially not after a night like the previous one.

˚✧₊*⁎⁺˳✧༚

     Front page news on Gossip girl; Serena Van Der Woodsen crashing and bailing on Blair Waldorf's party all in under ninety seconds? But not before leaving a beaten and bruised Chuck behind, her wings cast over her new Brooklyn lonely boy and little frightened Jenny Humphrey. Blair Waldorf was fuming, Chuck Bass was hungry for revenge just in time for his father's brunch, and Nate Archibald? Well, he was confused to say the least. After his encounter with the mysterious brunette, his mind had been plagued by her words.

     Amelia was huffing and puffing in Dan Humphrey's ear, deliberately attempting to annoy the buzzcut teen. They were seated next to one another, each reading their own book. The Hopper girl was bored senseless, and her favorite hobby? Annoying the crap out of her friend.

     The Hopper girl had been pleasantly suprise of the news that Dan had not only been on a date the previous night, but with Serena Van Der Woodsen of all people. It was unbelievable, really. That he had landed a date with the so called it girl the same night Amelia had attended an Upper East Side party with Jenny. Amelia had assumed this year would be plain and uneventful like all the other years she had attended the private school. In fact, she had hoped for just that. But it appeared the universe had other things in store for the brunette, and she had no choice but to obey. God how she hated having no control over her future.

     Dan's date had been suddenly been interrupted by Jenny herself, calling for help when Chuck Bass had made an attempt to add the blonde to his list of victims. Amelia had been wracked with guilt for being pissed off at Jenny for leaving her alone at the party, even more so when she realized that while she was striking a conversation with Nate Archibald, Jenny was in big trouble only a short distance from the pair. It wasn't like the blue eyed girl had any way of knowing what was going down, Dan was Jenny's speed dial which is why she had texted him instead of Amelia. But the Hopper girl still harbored guilt for not being there for her friend when she needed her the most. Which is why Amelia made up for it by bringing her and Dan a cup of hot chocolate each from their favorite cafe down the street from her apartment. Jenny had greatly appreaciated the warm beverage, but she was growing tired of both Dan and Amelia constantly asking her if she was okay.