1.12 chapter twelve

CHAPTER TWELVESCHOOL LIES"you ain't scared to show me your ugly"˚✧₊⁎*⁎⁺˳✧༚

CHAPTER TWELVE
SCHOOL LIES
"you ain't scared to show
me your ugly"
˚✧₊*⁎⁺˳✧༚

On the upper east side, it's easy to think
that the world is exactly as it appears--
refined, elegant, imposing.
But sometimes, all it takes is a little key
to open the door to the wild side.

˚✧₊*⁎⁺˳✧༚

     Amelia Hopper was stood dressed in nothing but a matching bikini top and buttom that merely cover anything. Somehow she had allowed herself to be whisked away to the very much illegal party being thrown on school grounds after hours. Amelia had innocently enough been hanging out with Dan at the loft when Serena had called him and urged both of them to come to the school's indoor pool area. Naturally, Dan had been reluctantly. And as per usual, Amelia was heavily encouraging him to accept the invitation. I mean, how often did one get invited to this type of thing? For Dan and Amelia this was a rare occurrence. Well, it was starting to happen more and more lately, but Amelia blamed that on Dan dating an upper east sider.

Dan had smoothly lied to Rufus that the two were heading out for hot chocolate when he and Amelia left the loft. Fortunately, the Humphrey dad had accepted the excuse. Things were starting to calm down at the Humphrey loft now that Alison had officially retired back to Hudson; this time for good. Jenny and Dan had made it obvious that they were bummed out, but they were also relieved that it was all over with. The separation had been a long time coming. They were grateful they got to spend this Christmas with their mom, it was like the perfect ending before she escaped back to Hudson. And they could visit any time they wanted to. They were sure it was all going to be okay.

Much to Amelia's dismay, Vanessa had decided to tag along. Camera in hand and dressed in 'boho chic', Vanessa was getting on Amelia's every last nerve. The Hopper girl was uncertain if the Abrams girl did it intentionally or not, but it felt like every time Amelia opened her mouth she was interrupted by the Abrams. If it happened one more time, Amelia wasn't sure if she'd be able to restrain herself from drowning the girl and the camera in the pool. She did try her best to keep the peace. Mostly because Dan had begged her to leave it be. And as she was doing all of this for Dan, she wasn't about to kill Vanessa if it meant he'd get upset. Especially with everything Dan was currently dealing with.

Amelia had initially been skeptical at how well the Humphrey siblings were dealing with the separation. That's partly why Amelia was so determined to get Dan out of that damned loft and into the world. A party was the perfect escape to put his mind off of it all, Amelia had decided. As Dan's closest friend it was her job to get his mind off of things and to help in out in times of need. Fortunately for Dan, Amelia was good at her job. She had this ability where she always knew what he needed and when. He was lucky to have her.