1.16 chapter sixteen

CHAPTER SIXTEENPARTY STOPPER"you and i shouldn't feellike a crime"˚✧₊⁎*⁎⁺˳✧༚

CHAPTER SIXTEEN
PARTY STOPPER
"you and i shouldn't feel
like a crime"
˚✧₊*⁎⁺˳✧༚

Spotted: Jenny Humphrey wading in the Met fountain, fishing for change. . . Blair Waldorf, seen dallying with an off-duty doorman at the Blarney Stone on a Monday night.
It looks like the battle Between the Queen B and Little J has moved from the streets to the blogs. Who's sending this debasing dish? I have a feeling. . .

˚✧₊*⁎⁺˳✧༚

Sally and Johnny ( short for Johannes ) Hopper were what one may or may not consider to be hipsters. As previously mentioned, Amelia herself didn't considered them to be hippies, but she did acknowledge that they were unconventional.

     When Sally's mother lectured on and on about children wearing their 'gender assigned colors' ( whatever that was suppose to mean ), Sally insisted upon dressing Amelia in blues and greens from the minute she was born. The woman didn't mind people mistaking the newborn for a boy, it didn't matter. Amelia's grandmother on her mother side was a terribly conventional and conservative woman. She would absolutely lose it whenever Amelia was dressed too boyish in her opinion, and if it was up to her, she would burn every pair of denim jeans her daughter and granddaughter owned.

     Sally's mother, Agnes, lived in a small home with her two cats in Hudson. Amelia rarely ever saw her, but she'd sometimes tag along with Dan and Jenny when they went to visit their newly moved mother so that she could see the elderly lady. Agnes really hated the way Sally dressed, walked and talked. Sally loved when Agnes got angry and disappointed. When Sally became a vegan and tried convincing her daughter to become one aswell, Agnes completely lost it. Amelia could remember the argument vividly. The woman was screeching about nutrients and such, while Sally masked her shit eating grin with her hand.

     Johnny Hopper had grown up all proper and poised, but the minute he met Sally everything he knew slipped away. Suddenly attending prestigious schools and getting high earning jobs didn't matter anymore. The only thing he cared about was her. There had been a huge fall out between his parents and himself when he decided to throw away everything they had worked for just to chase after some 'hobo chick'. But the second Amelia was brought into the world, everything got patched over. There was still tension, sure, but Amelia's parents never stayed in one place long enough for the tension to blossom into something else.

     After moving, her parents had made two very short visits. Amelia wasn't shocked that they were standing on her doorstep unannounced. This was the norm for them. But she was shocked when she learnt that they wanted to stay a few days. Her apartment, though cute, was not nearly big enough for three people.