1.9 chapter nine

CHAPTER NINENO-THANKSGIVING"i would take a bullet for youjust to prove my love"˚✧₊⁎*⁎⁺˳✧༚

CHAPTER NINE
NO-THANKSGIVING
"i would take a bullet for you
just to prove my love"
˚✧₊*⁎⁺˳✧༚

As per gossip girl's thanksgiving tradition, I'm trading my laptop for stove top, and for the next 16 hours, the only thing i'm dishing is seconds. When the cat's away, the mice will play. Have fun, little rodents.

Oh, and before I bid goodbye for today, I'd like to share what I'm thankful for on this particular day. I'm thankful for you all, especially for providing me with the previously masked identity of our mystery girl that had been spotted one to many times with our golden boy; Amelia Hopper.
I have a feeling my little rodents will have a fieldday with our brooklyn baby. Treat her well while I'm gone, you know I'll be watching. . .

˚✧₊*⁎⁺˳✧༚

     For some thanksgiving was about spending time with family and friends, abiding by old traditions while still making room for new ones, food and festivities, and well being thankful. For the upper east siders the holiday was no different from the otherwise chaotic days. Fortunately for them, gossip girl was sitting this one out to stuff herself with turkey and pumpkin pie, or so she said. As for the Brooklyn babies? To say that it was awkward with Alison Humphrey back would be an understatement, but the Humphreys did do thanksgiving like no other, and they were all— well at least most of them— motivated to keep this thanksgiving drama free and full of festivities and family bonding time.

     Amelia had nicely declined Dan's offer to spend the holiday at the loft, not wanting to interfere with the much needed family time. Besides, Vanessa was sure to be there, which was someone Amelia was gladly passing up the opportunity to hang around. Her grandparents had been calling her nonstop begging for her to spend the holiday at their place in Rhode Island. Once again Amelia declined, this time using the excuse that she was working. It wasn't a complete lie, she was working the evening before thanksgiving, but that wasn't the reason she declined. She declined because the last thing she wanted this year was to sit around a table and play happy thankful family with her grandparents when she was so far from thankful.

     Not only had her boyfriend cheated and they had broken up, but the whole thing had ended with her losing one of her longest and closest friends, not to mention one of her only friends. Her much enjoyed anonymity at Constance and the city in general had been slaughter the second gossip girl had made that post outing her name in correspondence with Nate Archibald. Now, everyone not only knew her, but had formed an opinion on her merely based on whatever information the gossip girl blast had given them. As well as that, Blair Waldorf had a real reason to hate the girl now that she was with spotted her ex on her very birthday, and though she didn't particularly care about being popular or socially accepted, she would have preferred to finish high school without being drowned in dairy.