1.11 chapter eleven

CHAPTER ELEVENA WINTER WONDERLAND"everybody needs somebody,but i can't be a fool"˚✧₊⁎*⁎⁺˳✧༚

CHAPTER ELEVEN
A WINTER WONDERLAND
"everybody needs somebody,
but i can't be a fool"
˚✧₊*⁎⁺˳✧༚

Hey, Upper East Siders. It's christmas in New York
and along with the season comes the Constance Billard
and St. Jude's Bazaar where the only thing bizarre
are the donated items for sale.

˚✧₊*⁎⁺˳✧༚

Autumn disappear just as quickly as it had come, the orange leaves withering away on the ground, snow concealing the otherwise grey scenery of the city. Autumn was by far Amelia's favorite season, but she didn't mind winter either. There was something so aesthetically pleasing and romantic to the white soft carpet of snow covering the city, which is why she almost jumped out of bed and danced across her apartment when she woke up to the tiniest trickle of snow outside her window. Okay, it barely counted as snowing, but that wasn't important.

Dressed for the cold, Amelia was strolling down the streets of New York. The cold nibbled harshly at her exposed cheeks, the skin slowly turning rosy as every breath of air escaping from her frosted lips vaporized into a thin mist. She was on the way to meet Dan and Serena at school. Apparently there was a flee-market of sorts at the school, and it consisted of numeral donated items for sale. The Hopper girl wasn't actually intending on buying anything, she was simply browsing. Now that winter was finally here, she was planning on knitting herself a matching pair of mittens and socks. Amelia was hoping she'd find some inspiration browsing through the things for sale.

     Once she finally got on the bus, Amelia relaxed into the rather disgusting seats, letting her mind wander. The debutant ball had been. . . interesting, to say the least. She had debuted into society escorted by Julian Murdoch. Had a conversation with Carter Baizen whilst dancing with him. Witnessed Nate attack said Baizen and then yelled at him for thinking he had any say in her life. Then she had allowed Julian to whisk her away, allowing him to drive her to her apartment. Well, he wasn't the one driving the limo, he had his own chauffeur for that of course.

     Despite what a lot of people probably thought of Amelia leaving with Julian, nothing had happened. The brunette was tired, the stress of being presented and dancing infront of the entire elite of New York taking a toll on her. So she made sure to thank Julian a dozen times over for making sure she got home safe, but that she wasn't interested in anything but sleeping in her own bed by herself. Fortunately Julian had been very understanding, not that Amelia would care if he wasn't. She wasn't even sure if their. . . 'friendship', if you could call it that, was strictly platonic or if there was room for something more. Either way, she wasn't ready to even consider the possibility of being more than just friends. Her break up just felt too fresh still, despite several months having passed.