V1 - Chapter 1: Façade

A façade.

Do you know what that is?

A false front.

For me, in particular, that is to hide my hostility and prowess beneath an amiable and benevolent mask.

To befriend everyone to achieve my own selfish desires.

Who would've thought that I, Ayanokoji Kiyotaka, the masterpiece of the demonic fourth generation, the masterpiece of Professor Ayanokoji, the masterpiece of the White Room, would wear a smile on my face to dominate the battlefield?

Obviously, those who know me would never have come to think of it. Instead, they would think I would face my opponents head-on and destroy them with an iron fist.

What they don't know is that I'm a cunning and manipulative person. In a fraction of a second, I could easily lie and manipulate anything held against me. With a good social standing and friends who are in my favour, my side of the story would be more plausible and effective.

Those who think they know me, truly don't.

Do you wonder who came to give me the idea of this facade? It was none other than the Queen of a false front herself: Kushida Kikyou.

You may also be wondering how I came to know her; that is a story that will be told another day, the only thing you all should know is that Kikyou and I are lovers.

Again, another surprise is it not? The emotionless survivor of the 4th generation being in a relationship? This relationship will not only establish my rankings among the school's popularity but also enlighten me with the world's knowledge of emotion.

Therefore, it's nothing but a perfect choice.

She knows about my origins and my false front, as do I know hers. Our relationship is built upon trust and no lies. As a result, whatever comes to be in our path at this government-established school, we will come to destroy it together.

After all, a government-established school with zero communication from the outside and an unknown of what's to come through the school years; anyone would be suspicious.

Right?