V1: Chapter 18 - The New Class C

Slave-Sensei walked in, a different atmosphere forming around her. Usually, it'd be her normal cold demeanour but today she radiated positive energy, "Good morning Class D, oh, my bad, I meant Class C." She said smiling. Her? Smiling? Never before seen. The last time she smiled was when she was looking down on us and when she thought she had the upper hand in our minor spat.

"You should all congratulate Ayanokoji-kun for your development to Class C, after all, he was the one who provided evidence for this." She said, making everyone's line of sight turn to me.

"That's our leader for you!"

"All hail King Ayanokoji!!!"

I scratched my neck and laughed awkwardly, "Aha, thanks guys, I didn't do much. Just trying my hardest to help out our class." I said, brushing it off and smiling.

"Too modest!!"

"He's so amazing~!"

Despite us becoming Class C, there was still a problem. The distance in points between D and C is rather small compared to how it was before. Therefore, in any circumstance, the rankings might change. Well, the truth is, that is mostly unlikely because we will keep ascending thanks to me.

"Hey everyone, let's all go to Karaoke later, all on me as an accomplishment to getting to Class C!" I proposed and then once again they all cheered, praising me for being their leader.

It's not like getting a Karaoke room would put a dent in my millions of points, hahaha.

"Chabashira-Sensei! You wanna come too? We haven't had a class hangout with you at all. Although you'd have to pay, I can't pay for a teacher you know." I grinned, I could feel the rage that she was emitting. Pay? She couldn't pay, she was broke. It was amusing.

"Yeah, Sae-Chan-Sensei~! You should come with~!"

"I agree with Ayanokoji-kun!"

The classroom started giving their opinions on whether or not she should come, however, I already knew her answer.

"I'm a very busy woman, I have things to do so no, I will not be joining you on your karaoke trip." She replied.

"Ah damn, what a shame, next time?" I asked.

"Perhaps. Who knows?" That line sounds awfully familiar.

——

After class had ended, I went to the student council room where I found Nagumo with Asahina-Senpai, "Senpai, I think I got an idea of who X might be." I said, walking towards him with my phone out on a picture.

He stopped whatever he was doing and paid full attention to me, Asahina ignored it and went on her phone. Asahina-Senpai wasn't the type of person to involve herself in any of Nagumo's schemes even if she knew about them.

"Ryuuen Kakeru." I stated confidentially, Nagumo giving me the look to continue my speech, "He's been monopolizing his class points and he's made a name for himself called 'Tyrant'. Though, as you know, I did knock him down to class D recently."

He swivelled his chair towards me after getting Ryuuens file from the first-year draw, "The leader of class D. If he's been monopolising his class points then he could indeed be a suspect. Do you roughly know how many points he's gotten?" Nagumo asked me, I shook my head no. However, if we look at the points from the first few months, we can agree that Ryuuen's class maintained 490 points. Let's infer that he took half of all of his classmates ' earnings from the first month. It'd be 24,500 points per 40 students, if we round that up to 25 it'd be a million points for 40 students including his points per month. So, currently, I'm assuming that he has that many points unless he took less or more.

"That I do not Senpai, but I can try and look into it for you." I replied, looking over at Ryuuens file seeing that he used to be a delinquent, the 'Beast of Sanya' one of Tokyo's slums. He grew up fighting, which only proves that he's a fighter. If he had gotten Albert and Ishizaki who were two tough fighters to become his underlings then he must've bested them in a fight. To live in the slums also means you have to live smartly and always need to be on edge, he's the perfect suspect for X and potentially the first I personally would suspect however, X is really me, so, I know that it's not Ryuuen but, I can frame him as X and get Nagumo to expel him from the school. It would be killing a bird with two stones.

(A/N I searched and I couldn't find where Ryuuen was originally from so I made up my own backstory)

"That's too risky, I'll send one of my underlings instead." He said with his hand on his chin, closely looking at Ryuuen's file. His delinquent nature is what set him in Class C in the first place but he would be Class A level if we're talking academics and physed.

"I'll keep looking for suspects for X, I have to go to the canteen to get food so I'm going to go, let me know if you get more information on X Senpai!" He gave me a firm nod, still without looking up from the paper and then I went out to go get myself food since I was quite hungry.

The whole class immediately went to Karaoke after school as I had prepaid for everything.

"In honour of getting us to Class C, I propose that Kiyotaka-kun sings the first song!" Kushida said loudly, getting everyone to agree almost instantly.

"C'mon guys, I'm not much of a singer~." I scratched the back of my head awkwardly, avoiding eye contact with them.

"Oh shut up Kiyotaka (Insert middle name) Ayanokoji. You can't lie when you've been singing Disney songs at my house like a child." Kushida lied, probably to gain the attention of everyone there with it. Truth be told, it wasn't a bad thing since everyone started joking about it.

"He definitely sings Let It Go whilst pretending he has ice powers." Matsushita laughed, reenacting her thoughts.

"I wouldn't be surprised if he gets on a carpet and lifts up the corners while singing A Whole New World," Karuizawa added, also laughing.

"Fine fine, you got me, I secretly love singing Disney songs yadayada. However!" I smirked slightly as I watched Kikyous's smile turn into a frown, "Our beloved angel Kikyou here also loves singing Disney songs with me."

"You guys should sing a song together~!" Sato exclaimed suddenly and because of the sudden outburst, everyone started agreeing profusely.

"And it has to be a Disney song!" Onodera added, grinning.

And so, we were forced to sing I See The Light from Tangled. But of course, we sang it flawlessly, even gaining a few tears from our classmates.

"Hahaha! I could do better!" The ever-so deluded (and entitled) Koenji said, nodding at himself whilst combing his hair backwards.

"Sure you can~!" I taunted, which only made him sing multiple songs to which he said it was 'serenading our ears'.

Someone ended up snatching the mic off of him and singing their own song whilst I ordered snacks to be brought to the booth.

In total, by the end of the Karaoke night, the price was 34,000 private points, which is only natural because of the amount of people and the amount of food we bought. Truth be told, it barely makes a dent in my riches- However, I'll need to be getting more money in the near future.

Hence my creation of a new app that is about to launch:

WAGER

——