V1 - Chapter 4: Club Fair

Everyone was sat in class, disappointingly they weren't paying attention in the slightest. Just from glancing around, the number of people doing what they shouldn't be was substantial. For example:

Kei Karuizawa was blatantly on her phone, online shopping whilst leaning onto her partner's desk wanting their opinion on what looked best.

The class duo perverts Ike and Yamauchi we're attempting to secretly read hentai magazines underneath their desk.

It truly was a shame that they weren't able to read between the lines; the perverts were most definitely able to read those lines though.

Once the bell rang, I made my way to the now-surrounded Hirata and put him in a headlock, "Hirata let's get lunch together man." I smiled goofily at him and he laughed slightly, the girls fawning over us completely.

"Sorry girls, I guess I have plans with Ayanokoji-kun for lunch." He softly smiled at the girls; excusing himself.

Once we reached the cafeteria, I glanced around at the upperclassmen. At least half of them were eating the free vegetable lunch set with an abysmal look on their faces.

"All these look so good~," I said, eyeing up the menu.

"This school is great."

Not as great as you think.

"Yeah, I agree." I bought a mid-priced food set, not too expensive and not too cheap to not look stupid.

"Thanks for pulling me out of that group of girls Ayanokouji-kun." He thanked me, bowing slightly in appreciation.

"Don't sweat it. You should get a girlfriend, fewer girls would be up in your business." I said, patting him on the back.

"I'm not a relationship type guy..." He scratched the back of his head in embarrassment.

"Whatever floats your boat~." I hummed, happily engrossed in eating my food.

Whilst eating our food, a loud, cute voice echoed through the speakers, "Attention students; the club fair will be happening after school from 4-6 pm in gymnasium 1, I repeat-."

I pondered for a moment. I suppose I should join a club. Since I mentioned basketball in my introduction, I'll go for that.

Time flew by and before I knew it, I was standing in a packed gymnasium with the majority of the student body.

I wandered around and saw a stand that read 'piano club'. Now that piqued my interest. I wrote my name down on a piece of paper there, I would definitely be coming back.

Whilst there, I noticed a familiar head and walked up behind her and covered her eyes, her friends loved the interaction, "Guess who?" I whispered in her ear.

"Hm, I wonder... Eichiro-kun?" She joked.

I placed my hand on my heart, "How dare you say the name of my best friend?!" I exclaimed dramatically, and her friend group laughed at the occurrence.

"Oh?!!! I didn't know it was you Kiyotaka-kun~." She exasperated, leaning into my chest afterwards.

Our conversation got cut off short as the familiar voice of the girl who spoke through the speaker came up.

"Thank you for your patience. A representative from each club will explain their activities and how to join. I'm Tachibana, the secretary of the Student Council and the person responsible for this club fair. A pleasure to meet you all." After the greeting from Tachibana, the club representatives lined up on the stage of the gym, awaiting their turn.

There were various representatives, ranging from those wearing sports kits to those in beautiful kimonos.

No matter how well they welcome beginners, or how appealing their meeting locations and times are, they're all just normal introductions. All the clubs just seemed ordinary. If I learned anything interesting from these explanations, it was that minor clubs like tea ceremonies and calligraphy clubs existed and that the minimum number of people needed for a new club is three.