V1 - Chapter 13: Arisu Sakayanagi

Another usual day passed, and everyone sat in class paying the utmost attention to the lesson, in fear of losing the points they acquired through the midterms. Although it was only 89 class points, it was far better than the zero from the last months.

The lesson had ended soon after and before anyone could leave, a purple-haired girl came to the door and knocked.

"Is Kiyotaka Ayanokoji here?" She asked, her eyes darting around the room.

I raised my hand, "Yep! What do you need of me?"

"Sakayanagi-san would like to see you, so please accompany me." She said.

"Ehh?! Why does Ayanokoji always get the girls~!" Ike cried out.

"Yeah~! He's already got our goddess Kushida-chan~!" Yamauchi followed.

——

I followed the girl who's name was Kamuro and we made our way to the Special Annexe. I tapped the recorder in my pocket just in case. Since we were in a place like this, it was only a precaution.

Once we arrived, the girl waited outside and motioned for me to walk in.

I made my way around the room and saw the person I was about to commence a conversation with, standing, looking out of a window with a walking stick in hand.

"This is quite a front you've put up, the masterpiece of the white room."

My eyes darkened at her words. She turned to look at my facade instantly dropping off my face.

The person who stood talking to me was the half-leader of class A, Arisu Sakayangi: daughter of the chairman. Although I knew of her existence, the fact she knew of the WR was automatically a problem.

"Interesting." I tediously responded. To call me out to a private place to discuss such a topic, there has to be an implication behind it, no?

"Is this blackmail?" I asked, already bored.

"Fufufu, I wouldn't dare resort to such schemes. I only wish to greet a childhood friend."

A childhood friend?

"I know not of whom you speak, Sakayanagi." I said, "This would mark the first instance in which we've met.

Therefore, if you do not wish to blackmail me, I'll take my leave." I turned around and took a step but halted once she began to speak again.

"Eight years and twenty-seven days. It's been so long since I saw you behind the glass. A young brown-haired boy devoid of emotions terminating any and every task assigned to him."

I knew the Sakayanagi family was in my father's circle of investors but they had backed out of it a couple of years back. To bring a child to the establishment was outrageous for a man who knew what transpired inside.

"So this isn't the first time we've met, Ayanokoji.

I've wanted to meet you again since that day. Luck has it that we were able to have such a fateful encounter once again at this school."

I turned my body around and stared at her, "So what is it you expect from me?"

"I've always abhorred artificial geniuses as I myself am a natural-born. Knowing that you were born and built into the genius you are now creates a burning desire inside me. An ignited flame that's calling for you to be crushed.

My question to you, Ayanokoji, is this:

Will you allow me to be the one who defeats you?

To prove that artificial geniuses are false, that they are nothing compared to that of natural-born geniuses."

I let out a small chuckle and slid my hands into my pockets, putting on that ever-so-flawless smile that I have perfected,

"I'd like to see you try."

——

Short chapter sry my loves <3