V1 - Chapter 8: May 1st

May first.

A day in which most in my class were beaming in excitement for.

That excitement quickly diminished.

The first thing I had done in the morning was check my account balance.

Unsurprisingly, to my class's dismay, the total amount of zero was credited to my account minus the 150,000 I get from being a student council member.

In other words, I was right. There would generally be no universe in which I was wrong on that hand.

With over two million private points, my worry was that of none. I was fine, potentially for my whole school life here. Unless something were to happen that is, I mean, who knows? (A/N I do)

I did my daily morning routine which consisted of going to the gym, showering and then eating breakfast. I cooked the simple but tasteful dish of eggs on toast.

Time passed and I sat in class looking as 'nervous' as the rest of my peers.  In reality, it was just an act. Looking calm in this situation would get me unnecessary attention.

Sensei walked with her usual cold demeanour, her vibe screaming 'Don't fuck around with me.'

I raised my hand,

"Yes, Ayanokoji-kun?"

"We didn't receive the 100,000 points this morning." Her eyes turned almost into that of a snake. She must know some of my capabilities, no?

Wow.

I've never heard silence quite this loud. (A/n Taylor Swift reference if you get it.)

She sighed at my question, seemingly ashamed of me.

"I'm quite certain that every class received points this month without fail." She responded after quite some time.

"B-But Sae-chan-sensei-!" Yamauchi had sweat visibly dripping from his forehead.

"I will not repeat myself." She cut him off, "The school has judged you of your worth and your worth is nothing but zero. In other words," She creepily smiled at us, "You received zero points."

Almost every one breathing stopped. People were unable to comprehend what had just happened. To live happily in bliss for one month, positive that you'd continue to the next only to have your thoughts crushed in front of you. This class isn't even worth my pity.

"You're all defective."

I looked towards my neighbour and her face stiffened whilst she clenched her fist. Obviously angered by the insult that she had just received.

Chabashira-Sensei unrolled a large piece of paper and pinned it on the wall, there it read the classes and their rankings:

Class A: 940 CP
Class B: 640 CP
Class C: 490 CP
Class D: 0 CP

All but Class D managed to retain more than 0 points which had the term 'defective' truly sink into their heads.

"The total of 98 absences and tardies and 391 incidents of talking and cellphone usage in class. Every single infraction that you've made I've counted. In this school, your performance is reflected in the number of points you receive. The 100,000 points that could've been yours went down the drain due to your stupidity. How do you feel Class D? Ashamed? Distraught? Pathetic? If I were you, I'd feel the same."

Sensei talked mechanically, like a robot, without any expressions painted on her face, crushing the hopes of the students of class d.

I raised my hand.