V1 - Chapter 12: Mid-Terms

Though I had faith and trust in my class, that was a complete lie, it was never wrong to have some sort of reliance.

Since I had acquired the past papers and, through some thorough checking, I had deciphered that they would be the same, not to mention what Manabu said, 'Nobody's thought of that since me!'. So in truth, I knew I was correct from the beginning. I hadn't given anyone the papers yet, other than Sudo since I wanted him to score high to see the look on the pervert's face, since they would use it as a means to not have to study anymore. Hence I was only going to give them it the day before the Mid-Term exam, which just so happens to be today.

I flashed everyone a smile as I arrived at the podium that was in front of the class, no one standing up to leave as I had something to say.

"I know that it's late to say this, but I only managed to get them yesterday night," I paused which only made them want to know what I had 'managed to get'. "I did some research, and an upper-classmen told me that the papers have been the same every year, so I bought them off of him," A lie, I got them for free, "...which kind of cut into my points but nonetheless," A lie, "I printed them out so everyone has a copy. This is just insurance that we don't fail the exam. You're all my close friends and I'd hate to see you be forced to drop out." Another lie. I gave them a worried smile and they all appreciated what I had accomplished for them.

Soon after that, I quickly made my way to the faculty office where Chabashira Sae, in other words, my slave, awaited me.

"I assume you got my message?" Around her, I needn't put up a facade.

She nodded and handed me another device with a SIM card.

"You do have to pay for it, it's against the rules not to. It's 300,000." She said her voice shaky from my presence as we were alone.

"100,000."

"I can't do that..." She avoided eye contact with me and stared into a wall.

I forcefully grabbed her throat and used my thumb to move her chin to look in my direction.

"100,000 Sae. I know you're struggling with points. You might as well take what you can get." My dominating voice sent visual shivers down her spine.

"Ok." She managed to squeeze out. My hand let go of her neck and she instantly gasped for air, shuddering with me standing feet away from her.

"No need to be afraid Sae~," I hummed in my usual tone, - the one when I was around other people - a smile appearing on my face. To everyone else, my smile was one that people fawn over, to her, my smile held deranged thoughts, manipulation and violence, a fake one, "I wouldn't do anything to you if you just listened to what I had to say. You're practically my property." A chuckle left my lips, I had her right where I wanted her. And she knew it.

"Excuse me for my rudeness, but I have matters to attend to." I gave her yet another flawless smile, her eyebrows twitching in frustration. Then, I left the room, heading toward the next class I was almost late for. This was a self-study period with a teacher supervising us so we were pretty free to do what we wanted. I had pretended to be revising but in reality, I was just reading the same scripted words in pages as I had previously in my youth years.

The other device was an utmost need. What if I had just so happened to slip up? What if someone had seen the millions of points I had stashed away? That wouldn't do me good. Another benefit would be that nobody suspects me of having bought another one, so, I could use it as my recording device. That could be a good idea but then again, Sae had bugs planted in the faculty office meaning that she had most definitely bought them at this school. The only thing I needed to do, was find that shop. That would be an easy feat.

——

The next day came along and everyone was worried but confident about the midterm papers since they had the past papers; even so, you could still tell you revised strong and who didn't

"Are you guys ready?"

I asked, walking into the classroom with Kikyo trailing shortly behind me. They all nodded enthusiastically towards me as I was a part of the reason for this sudden enthusiasm.

"I hope you all pass!" I smiled brightly at them, stars glimmering in their eyes at my words of encouragement.

Soon after, the tests were handed out.

Indubitably, the questions were the same as the past papers. Down to the letter.

I glanced around the room, taking in everyone's reactions. Most of them had wide smiles plastered on their face and their pens instantly hitting the paper.

After answering every question flawlessly, I rested my head on the table and drifted off to sleep; tired from carrying this class on my back of course.

My eyes darted open to the sound of the timer going off, indicating the end of paper one.

Now, there's a couple more to go.

I'm sure that class D will have the highest average score out of all the classes due to the requirement of the past papers which would most likely cause attention on the class itself.

The most notable class that would come after us would be that of Class C. The class is led by the Tyrant leader: Ryuuen Kakeru. Undeniably, he would be no match for me but it would be amusing to see him watch as his pawns fail so miserably against me.

——

We all finished every paper, everyone feeling confident that they would pass with ease.

Inevitably, we all did.

"Here are the scores for the midterms, I'm delighted to say that you've all achieved great marks," Sensei said, unrolling a large piece of paper and sticking it to the board.

In a class of 40, there were at least 15 of those who scored multiple 100s, which did impress.

"Congrats you guys!" I congratulated, "We all did so well!" Everyone cheered afterwards.

"Let's all go Karaoke after school, I get some points from the student council so it's all on me!" The cheers got louder and I noticed a seething glare from Sensei.

"Sae-chan-sensei~ are you glaring at me because I didn't invite you~?" I teased, grinning at her causing the class to have an outburst of laughter.

"If you want, you can come. But I can't pay for a teacher you know~ you should have way more points than us anyway~."

I find myself to amusing.