V1 - Chapter 10: Study Buddies

As of now, my tool was being useful. She had given me the information that class D was originally going to get given the wrong things to revise but I forced her to give out the right things. This makes things much easier on my behalf.

Even so, I could probably find a loophole and potentially get the answer sheet to the midterms. In fact, I already have a plan for it.

After class had ended, I quickly asked everyone to remain seated and I went to the front.

"Sensei, as said at the start of the month, explained that if you don't get a passing grade in every subject, you'll be expelled. Personally, I treasure all my classmates a lot and I wouldn't want any of you to get expelled so I propose the idea of study groups!" The was, of course, bullshit. I did not care at all.

Everyone agreed on the idea but a singular person, Ken Sudo. He grunted and was about to walk out before I stood in front of him. He walked into me and stood there, "Scram." He said. Anyone else would have probably pissed their pants but I was a different case.

"Awe man! Sudo I thought we were buds! I recommend you sit back down." I said calmly, his violence of course got the best of him and he pulled his arm back to throw a punch.

Many screamed out my name in fright but I just caught his fist. Yes, he packed one hell of a punch but no, it wasn't the strongest I've caught. In all honesty, he was incomparably weak to those I've fought.

I removed my hand and started shaking it like crazy, "Damn Sudo! You're strong as hell!" I exclaimed, rubbing my hands together.

"Hah, says you, not anyone could catch my fist." He seemed frustrated and went back to his seat, how bizarre, I thought he would argue and retaliate more.

"Anyways, don't mind the silly little interruption we had, as I was saying..." I continued with the subject of study groups to help the less academic actually have a chance of not failing. I wouldn't particularly want to lose half a class of tools to an easily passable test.

I told everyone that they were free to go and I would form a class group chat and would send the information later in the day since doing it now would be an annoyance and a bother.

I had already chosen my group. It consisted of five people including myself:

Me, Hasebe Haruka, Sakura Airi, Miyake Akito and Sudo Ken. A very... odd group.

I had sent them all a message to meet up in my room later in the day and they all agreed. I thought I would have to go through a little more convincing but it seemed as though that wasn't the case thankfully.

I walked into my room and was surprised to see Kikyou sitting on my bed typing on her phone,

"Hey." I said, "I have some pretty bad news that your gonna hate."

She sighed loudly and rolled her eyes, "What is it?" She inquired.

"I'm going to have you tutor Ike and Yamauchi by yourself."

She fake smiled, lifted a pillow to her face and screamed. From the muffled sound of it, I could tell it would have been an ear-splitting scream if done without a pillow.

"Why do you do this to me~..." She moaned in annoyance.

"They wouldn't do anything properly if it wasn't you." I sat beside her and caressed her thigh as she rested her head on my shoulder and sighed loudly once more, obviously irritated.

"Sorry?" I apologized half-heartedly.

"Shut up."

"My bad."

——

Time passed and it soon turned to the hour in which my group would be arriving at my dorm so Kikyou bid me farewell and I waited patiently.

"Afternoon." One by one I let them in as they came, they sat on my newly bought table. I had splurged with my points slightly. I had only spent around a hundred thousand, it's not like it dented into my points.

I offered and brought them all drinks of their choice and small things to munch on, for example; slices of cake and palmiers.

"I want to arrange good times for all of us, so, is anyone in a club or do any activities should be made aware of?" I asked politely.

"That'd be me." Sudo raised his hand, once I took note of his unavailable times, I started working on the timetable after I gave them all a mini-test to complete in half an hour.

I had finished the timetable around the thirty-minute mark and they all handed their papers in.

Sudo was good at... nothing. That would definitely be a problem.

Sakura was only decent at English, in every other subject she was almost just as bad as Sudo.

Hasebe and Akito were barely above the average of our class academics so they'd only need to put in a bit more effort to get efficient grades.

I individually helped them with the questions they struggled with, giving easy-to-understand explanations until it was time for them to leave.

"From the rate at which we're working, I'd say you all will be able to pass the midterms." They all sighed in relief at my words.

Yeah, that was low-key bullshit. Other than Sudo, the other three will likely pass but he is a different story. His brain is that of third-graders. He's completely and utterly stupid. But, he's good on the physical side of things so he may deem to be useful in the future, so I won't dispose of him... yet.

"You guys can all go now, I just needed to know your strengths and weaknesses to provide good study materials."

They all left and I was left alone once more.

Oh, how I hate putting effort into things that aren't for myself.

I suppose I'll have to make do with it for now.