V1 - Chapter 14: Plan NM

School had ended for the day and instead of going back to the dorms, I wandered the halls until I found myself in front of the Student Council room. Once I had entered, I saw only one other person there: Nagumo Miyabi. I can already tell he has his eyes on me seeing as he's jealous that I have Ichinose as my secretary and I'm the second Vice President but I suppose that might change from today onwards.

"Hello Senpai!" I greeted him happily, sitting opposite him on the large table whilst I watched him do paperwork.

"Good afternoon, Ayanokoji." He replied. I could see the disgust that lingered off of his tongue from my name but I paid no mind.

"Say, Senpai, I've heard some crazy stories about you. You're so cool for literally conquering your whole year group!" From that moment on, his views of me changed, I was now one of his 'admirers'.

He looked up from his paperwork and triumphantly said, "Would you like to hear about it?" I internally smirked.

"If it'll help me do the same, sure!"

I sat and listened to his story about how he single-handedly manipulated his class and rose to be class A. It was interesting, to say the least, but I and the rest of the leaders in my year could probably do better.

"Could I ask you a question Senpai?" I inquired of him, his eyes gleaming with superiority.

"Go for it."

"When you become the president are you gonna change up the school because... I'm not fond of how it is now." A smirk planted itself on his face, he initially thought I was going to be a challenge but because of my use of 'when', he's assuming that I won't even challenge him for the throne of President.

"Of course I am." He started, "I believe that everyone who deserves to be in a higher class should be in said class. This school's ideology will change once I become President. That's a certainty." He continued to ramble on about how he was going to change the school, Of course, I was recording just in case he let something slip out.

"Can I help you in any way, Senpai?" I asked, pretending to be on his side,

A smile crept up on his face, "I thought you were going to be a challenge! I'm delighted! As long as you stay useful to me, I'll keep you on as Vice President next year."

"As long as I'm useful? I'll do anything, Sir! I'm pretty strong so I can be your bodyguard if you like!" I saluted him in a jokey way but he just smiled.

"I don't see why not my young Kohai. You're already in my favoured books. I could use someone like you in my inner circle." He extended his hand. For such a smart person he was so...

Naive.

I greeted his hand with men and we shook, "Pleasure to be in your circle Nagumo-Senpai!"

For someone who's classed as smart, he sure is stupid.

Everything is going according to plan and I am having such... fun. Who knew putting up a facade could lead to this much amusement?

-

"So, Senpai, what am I actually supposed to do?" I asked, walking beside him through the hallway, gaining attention.

"We threaten people to do our bidding with expulsion of course. It's easy to manipulate and lie into getting someone expelled. You should try it yourself."

What a fool.

"Isn't it kind of mean? You know, to do that to your friends?" I questioned him.

"Your outlook is very naive Ayanokoji. Think of yourself as a ruler and care for no one. You don't need those 'friends', think of them as tools."

Well, he and I, we're quite alike but I seem to hate it nonetheless.

"Sheesh Senpai, you're pretty ruthless~!" I rested my arm on his shoulder as if we were the best of friends.

"It is the only way to live in this world." He replied, "I'd advise you to do the same. If things go according to plan, you and I will be capable of ruling the school. After all, you did score straight fifties in the entrance exam, and you scored 100's across the board in the surprise test and midterms. I need someone like you on my side. Someone who will follow in my footsteps."

I nodded at him, "When the time comes, I'll succeed you Senpai. Be sure to teach me everything you know and how you do things."

Yes Senpai, leak me all your private information whilst I record every ounce of it. Tell me everything. Trust me.

Once you do trust me, your naiveness will be your downfall. You'll be nothing but a pitiful, annoying and irrelevant human being.

And it'll be me alone who stands at the top.

Me alone who rules over this world.

Until your inevitable downfall, I hope you continue to amuse me Nagumo Miyabi.

For it is that amusement that'll crush you. Once the flame of amusement burns out,

you will burn.

——

Another short, but necessary chapter, sorry my lovelies ❤️