Ch. 9 Determination

With high spirits, I returned to Fujimaru and the others, where the worried Master greeted them.

"Are you alright!? Gil! You're not dead?! You're alive?!"

"Of course not. Know your King."

"AUO!"

"Indeed."

"You're mocking my intonation. Well, whatever."

"King of Heroes, what about you?"

Olga Marie inquired. ...Perhaps it's just my imagination, but she seemed completely transformed from earlier, exuding a spirited aura.

"What happened?"

"Well, you see, when I licked the candy you gave me, I felt more at ease. Then I decided to prioritize the support of you all, who are here, over relying on the absent Lev."

"I see. The candy worked wonders, huh? Finally, that girl showed her true self."

"I have something to talk about... Fujimaru, this also concerns you. Listen carefully."

"Yes."

"...What's with the formal tone?"

"King of Heroes, and the unknown Caster Servant. If the King of Heroes is allowing them to accompany us, it must be a sign of friendship."

"...It's about Mash's Noble Phantasm."

***

According to what I heard, Mash still couldn't use her Noble Phantasm.

She had been fighting all this time without knowing the true name of the fused Servant or what kind of Heroic Spirit they were.

So she had been fighting in an equally, if not more, difficult situation than the one we are facing now. It's truly admirable how she hasn't uttered a single complaint.

"You're having trouble finding a suitor for your bride, aren't you, Mash?"

"Huh? W-What!?"

"Yeah, exactly. This girl has more guts than most."

Mash's face flushed. Indeed, at her age, engagement is still far off.

...It was something I never had a chance to consider in my previous life... I hope they find good people.

"This matter is serious. If Mash is to fight as a Hero, not being able to use her Noble Phantasm is like being partially paralyzed."

"I'm sorry... I know I can't compare to the King of Heroes, but I'm just a useless Servant..."

"Yeah, poor Mash! Let me hug you!"

"No, senpai! Not in front of others!"

"Listen seriously..."

In the short time I wasn't watching, they seemed to have gotten quite close. They seemed like sisters. I don't show it on my face, but I think it's nice.

"I'm not so sure about that... Using Noble Phantasms isn't that easy. If they could be mastered in no time, then the concept of Heroes would lose its meaning, wouldn't it?"

"Huh! It's strange to hear you say it, golden boy."

"I don't need a name for my treasures; that's why, mongrel."

Caster interjected mockingly. I see, Noble Phantasms require a true name, and without knowing that, they cannot be unleashed.

If that's the case, then Gilgamesh's Noble Phantasm, 'Gate of Babylon: The King's Treasure,' is always displaying its true worth. ...He's incredibly convenient, this creature called a king.

"What do the two of you think about this proposition?"

"..."

I glanced at Caster. Putting this vessel aside, I know nothing about this world. I wouldn't be able to help.

"Oh, well... If she can fight, then she can use it, right? Heroes and Noble Phantasms are the same thing, after all."

"If she can't do it, then that's it. She's blocked. She just needs more magical power. It's only because she hasn't practiced shouting loudly enough."

"Loudly? Leave it to me, Mash! I'll make you shout!"

"Ah! Wait, senpai! Not here! It's not proper!"

The two of them are getting closer, but isn't it lacking in tension?

"In that case... go ahead and get ready."

"...Huh?"

"Don't be clueless. You want to use your Noble Phantasm, right? Then the quickest way is to fight seriously."

The atmosphere changes. A sense of readiness envelops them.

"I'll seriously kill your master. So, little girl, come at me seriously. I'll make you release that pent-up magical power."

"This is...!"

"Alright, Hooded Caster! Fine, I'll stake my life on Mash!"

"Senpai!? Uhm... what about... something from you too, King of Heroes...?"

"――"

...Mash is indispensable to Ritsuka Fujimaru.

The only Main Servant contracted Ritsuka is Mash Kyrielight. I am but a 'Sub-Servant,' a guest summoned to lend my strength through Chaldea's summoning ritual.

From now on, she'll have to fight alongside Mash for a long time. She'll face challenges together.

With the power of this vessel, it'll be easy to overcome difficulties. I have trust and confidence in that.

But at the same time, that means the growth of Mash and Ritsuka could be overshadowed.

When an absolute being intervenes, that's what happens.

...That's why.

That's why, for now, watching over them is...

―Observing and determining...―

My vision flickers, swaying slightly.

――Now, I feel like I've touched on something important.――

"――"

"Eh, King of Heroes?"

"――Do what you must, Mash."

"Eh?"

"This is the wall you must overcome."

I place my hand on her head.

"Have confidence."

"You are not worthless."

"――!"

Her wavering eyes are now filled with determination.

"――Senpai."

"Yeah!"

"King of Heroes... I will do it."

"Noble Phantasm... I'll make it mine!"

***
You can indulge in more than 10 chapters ahead of the regular schedule by visiting our Patreon page and subscribing.

Feel free to explore our Patreon at:

https://www.pat reon.com/KangTL

Your support will enhance our productivity in creating more captivating and wonderful works.