Ch. 39 Dignified figure

Releasing treasures

Simultaneously, with a time lag, set up precisely, sometimes haphazardly

Releasing treasures

Swords, arrows, spears, axes, halberds, beams, bullets

Releasing treasures

On wings, chests, bodies, necks, claws, arms

Releasing treasures

Surrounding, from the front, from behind, from above, from below

Releasing treasures

All of them are the bane of evil dragons

The legendary source of fantasy that heroes will wield in the distant future

Releasing treasures

With all of them, we will strike down Fafnir!!

"Kuh!! What are you doing! Strike him down, Fafnir!!"

A massive arm swings.

I won't allow it. Adjust the trajectory and knock it down with my hammer.

The tail comes at me with a swing.

Useless, I'll whip it away.

It tries to take flight.

You won't escape. I pierce its wings with my spear.

I'll preemptively crush what Fafnir is about to do――!

"I admire its incredible toughness. Dragon-slaying may be effective, but unless it's dragon-slaying weaponry, it won't get through properly.――I suppose I'm at a disadvantage too."

Unleashing Noble Phantasms and adding more gates of treasures.

"No matter how much I fire, it won't be decisive.――Alright. I'll add more Noble Phantasms. It's a little extra service. Tremble at my generosity."

Adding 50 more gates. A barrage of treasures surrounds Fafnir.

A torrent of carpet bombing hits Fafnir. It won't reach the source of life, but it should weaken it.

"No way...! Your treasures are bottomless――!?"

"They certainly are. There is indeed a bottom. The time to reveal the bottom of my treasury is when humanity spits out possibilities and stops evolving."

I stands firmly with my arms crossed, responding.

"That's the time for human judgment.――Well, it seems that time is still far away."

"What, what...! Don't mess around!! Why, though!"

Gritting her teeth and biting down fiercely, Witch Jeanne clenched.

"Why me, Fafnir, like this... Gilles said it! I'm invincible! He told me to act as I pleased! Why...!!"

"It's mainly due to poor handling. Dragons are originally meant to attack armies and cities. Or to guard treasures――that's why their immense size and vitality become threats."

Grabbing my sword, i throws it at Jeanne.

"Even dragons would be confused if they were told to trample on such insignificant beings.――I was amazed that a country girl knew anything about strategy――but I guess my eyes are also clouded. Just showing off the toy you begged for and being proud of it. It's laughable."

"Ugh!"

Jeanne pushes the sword away with her flag. Her face is either red or blue――I can't tell.

――I still don't understand good and evil. To understand that, I lack everything.