Ch. 14 Collapse

"I'm glad, Gil... I'm really glad...!"

Though it cannot be said that all is well, they somehow managed to defeat Saber, and everyone shares in the afterglow of victory.

"What's with that face? Did you really think you could lick my territory?"

"I didn't... I mean, I didn't!"

"Then don't shed tears. Here, I'll lend you a handkerchief. Your face is a mess."

"Okay... sniff"

The silk handkerchief reached out into the ripples and was soaked wet with tears and mucus.

"No, that's not it, you idiot..."

"Thank you..."

"No, I changed my mind. Keep it."

"Are you sure?"

At least, I silently convey to return it after washing, and I pat her head.

"...Sorry for worrying you."

"Yeah, I'm the one who should apologize. I lost my composure. As a Master, I must be strong."

"Ah, jeez, you never change. You're the most peculiar one among us as a special case."

"What to say, informing the vassals of one's well-being is the duty of a king... huh?"

Suddenly, i notices that Caster's spirit origin is unraveling from the tip of his feet, turning into particles.

"...Did he get hit by a stray bullet? Could it be that Caster actually died?"

"I'm not dead!—I've finished my role here, so I'm being returned to my seat."

Finished his role—meaning that essentially conquering and erasing this singularity.

If the Singularity disappears, or more accurately, if the cause of creating the Singularity disappears, then the Heroic Spirit connected to the present world will lose their connection to it and exit from the present world.

As winners, unless they wish to manifest in the Holy Grail, their fate as Servants, mere shadows called Servants, is to be uprooted.

"...Even though I haven't lost, I'm going to disappear..."

"Too bad, but that's the limit of being a Servant. The Heroic Spirits summoned by the Holy Grail will disappear once the Holy Grail is retrieved."

"It's a pitiful fate for a rootless grass. Well, I guess it was an appropriate guide and mentor for a dog like you."

"Yeah, right. ...Ah, well."

Meanwhile, Ritsuka stared at the caster while scratching her head with a guilty expression on her face.

"My departure is near, so hurry up and say it."

"Okay, got it... Thanks, Caster! For everything with the others."

"...Well, you guys. It's time for you to do the rest. Do your best."

"Mash, maybe you should say a word too? You relied on him, didn't you?"

"In your absence. Reflect on your actions."

"Sorry!"

"Um, thank you very much, Mr. Cu Chulainn!"

"Do your best, little girl. If you keep fighting, we might meet again and fight side by side."

"And, you, golden one."

"What? Are you finally ready to apologize for all your rudeness?"

...It seems that this vessel has a high opinion of the Heroic Spirit called Cu Chulainn.