Ch. 27 Luxurious

"'King of Heroes! It's morning! It's time to depart! Let's do our best!'"

"Mmm..."

I open my eyes to a cheerful voice. The morning sun filters through the trees around me.

"What time is it now, Jeanne?"

"'It's 6:30 AM! Everyone is up and busy with their work.'"

A cheerful voice, Jeanne. She really acts as an alarm for me.

"...I see. The commoners need to work diligently even from this early hour. They pay attention to small details."

I sit up from the hammock. Then I collect the golden ripples and brush my teeth with the toothbrush set.

"...Wait, are you really going to wake me up like this every day?"

"'That's my intention. Romani asked me to do it, saying, 'It's a great help! It's delicate to deal with someone's waking-up time, and I don't want to be killed. Please do it!''"

"That sweet-toothed doctor... to burden Ruler with troublesome matters."

I understand the feeling. I wouldn't want to pass judgment if someone woke me up due to grogginess either.

In the first place, the idea of external factors disrupting the sleep of a king wouldn't even cross one's mind... But as for the true King of Heroes, one can't help but feel a vague sense of dread when trying to predict what might happen.

"Sigh... Well, I suppose this is just the karma of communal living. Being woken up by those hyper-excited idiots on a school trip is probably a given..."

"'Ruler? Won't you address me by my True Name?'"

"Huh?"

I ask again.

――Come to think of it, I remember calling her "Jeanne" yesterday.

"'That's fine, isn't it? 'Country girl,' calling me Jeanne would be easier in emergencies, wouldn't it?'"

"You fool. What's the benefit of calling someone by their True Name? What do you mean by 'in emergencies'?"

"'Country girl' has eleven letters, 'Jeanne' has six! It's halved! It should be easier to call me when you need me! Like when you want me to wave a flag or something!'"

"Your Master is Ritsuka, isn't she? First of all, such a familiar behavior with me -"

"'Do you dislike it?'"

――I gulp and falter. It's very uncomfortable to have the essence of the words hit me without worrying about the decorations.

An embarrassed vessel. I decide to talk instead.

"Well, calling you 'country girl' and confusing the other side and this side won't work well either. Performing a comic dialogue on the battlefield could be a fatal vulnerability. But for now, I can handle any vulnerabilities."

"...Alright, let's differentiate between the side I walk with as Ruler and the devoted you as Jeanne. As a Heroic Spirit summoned by Chaldea, this is a good occasion to proudly sing your True Name."

Yes, it's easier for me to call her Jeanne too. "Country girl" is quite a tongue twister when speaking fast.

――As a thank you for listening to my story, if she doesn't mind, it should be fine.

"'Yes, King of Heroes! Please take care of me! Let's do our best!'"

Click, the communication is cut off.

"...Wake me up and then immediately step back, huh... The farmer's daughter seems to be quite busy. I don't care either way."

...