Ch. 23 Roaring

When I opened my eyes,

There lay before me, the vast expanse of sky and earth,

An expansive world that seemed to stretch endlessly.

"..."

Overwhelmed. The tickling wind on my skin, the scent of soil. The piercing blue sky.

In the illusion of an infinitely expanding view, I squinted my eyes.

This is France...

"Jeanne, Gil. Are you here?"

Master also began to move. Looking around anxiously.

"It's alright, senpai. King of Heroes is also here."

"The divine aura is faint, but the view is quite something. It resembles the starry landscape of Uruk. It must be an era with fewer wasted resources..."

"Rayshift... amazing! This is where our journey begins!"

"Let's do our best, senpai!"

"Fou! (I'm here too!)"

"Fou-kun!?"

Mash is taken aback. Why is that adorable Fou here...?

"Fou, fou! (I'm planning to release a book. Chaldea Adventure Chronicles. I came along to gather material on-site.)"

"Are you sure is this okay, Roman?"

"Um, it should be fine. Appearing and disappearing seems to be his specialty."

"It's difficult to retrieve him at this point. Mash, please take care of Fou."

"Mash! Gil! Look at that!"

Ritsuka points to the sky and exclaims.

In the sky, a massive luminous band-like object was racing across. Its radiance indicated the immense heat it held.

"A luminous band... Romani, is there any record of such a thing in 1431?"

"Of course not. It's predicted to be some kind of magical operation deployed in satellite orbit."

"...Judging by the altitude, it's slightly beyond the North American continent. Hand over the data to the research team for decryption."

"I wonder what that is. Gil, do you know?"

"Well, who knows. What I can say is, there's likely no source of heat greater than that on the surface."

"Could it be..."

"Hypothetically, if we take the surface as a basis, then yes."

This vessel seemed to realize it as usual, but as usual I didn't understand the whole picture.

...If that doesn't exist in this history, then... for now, I have no choice but to let it be.

"Don't be consumed by useless thoughts. Move your feet, move."

"Ah, let me say this first."

I suddenly felt, this vessel is going to talk about something, what could it be?

"I am undoubtedly a Servant, and I do hold a position to support you all. However, I have no intention of meticulously arranging your journey. I do not foolishly intend to resolve trials and hardships with my own power."

"...!"

"Do not be careless or overconfident. I have discarded such notions for this occasion. However, I will only employ it when you stand at the crossroads of confronting the Singularities. When you find the Holy Grail, exhaust all efforts, and when there is a clear path to return, then and only then will I exert my full strength."