Ch. 19 Interlude - Renovation

Frustration.

Fuming.

"――――"

Gilgamesh, the great king, seethed with anger in his room. The feeling of helplessness was so intense that it made one feel uncomfortable.

The anger he felt when he saw someone calling himself "Lev" was unparalleled. If wrath could grant him power, he could probably kill one or two people.

And then...

"...!!!"

With a powerful yell, Gilgamesh's patience snapped.

"What is this bucket doing here!!!"

The thunderous roar of the King of Heroes echoed in the completely soundproof room.

"Olga Marie!!"

"H-huh, King of Heroes, what happened?"

Shouting in anger, Gilgamesh berated Olga Marie, who was maintaining Chaldea's lifeline.

The sight of Gilgamesh's intimidating demeanor caused Olga Marie to faint twice.

"I have my limits! It takes a lot to test my patience! You've got some nerve provoking my anger like this!"

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, please forgive me!"

Seeing that, Gilgamesh took a deep breath and calmed down as he sat down.

"Forgetting myself, how can I forget who I am? My apologies, Marie. Smile and let it go."

Olga Marie, trembling and pale, was terrified by the despair evident on Gilgamesh's face as he pulled her into Chaldea.

"Lev, Lev, help... I'll be killed, I'll be killed..."

"Hmph. It seems my naked body is too stimulating for the common folk. The golden rule of my body is frightening. Hahaha."

So, why was his temperament so infuriated?

Simply put, it was dissatisfaction with his toom. The meager simplicity of it all made Gilgamesh's ocean-deep patience give up in just 5 seconds.

"What is this shabby piece of cloth that doesn't even cover my body? The disrespectful pillow that bounces off my skull! The plain, stain-ridden walls! It's acceptable! Not good, but trivial!"

"I can't tolerate---the bathing facilities! To cleanse oneself in such an inferior room, worse than a livestock barn! Unforgivable...! Eloquence mixed with triviality, how unforgivable!!"

His dissatisfaction poured forth. Though he was rather comfortable with it himself... well, he didn't know about others.

"Because, because...! Chaldea is not a leisure facility...! The funds were mainly used for Chaldeas and Sheba...!"

"You mongrel... boasting with mere finances spent on noble observatories and instruments!"

"Facilities need personnel to operate! Know that there's no success for an organization led by a head that neglects the mental care of its personnel!"

"Y-Yes, I understand!!"

Gilgamesh sympathized with the unusually agitated Olga Marie—or rather, he felt entangled by her.

Considering her age, Chaldea's design was probably the work of Olga Marie's father or grandfather...?

Even from the perspective of an ordinary person, the facilities here were indeed unremarkable. They only had the bare essentials—places to sleep and rest. The struggles of cost-cutting were evident.