Ch. 12 Confrontation

"This is the Holy Grail... It's not just an ordinary magic reactor... I can't believe something like this exists here..."

"According to the records, it seems to be the Greater Grail that the Einzbern family worked on about 400 years ago."

"Wow, that's amazing."

"So, this is the Holy Grail..."

As each person expressed their feelings about the space they were in, their attention was focused on me—no, on the gaze of Gilgamesh, the vessel.

"That's enough talking. Here they come. That's the last assassin guarding the cause."

"――――"

With skin as pale as a corpse, wearing a heavy black armor, and possessing shining golden hair.

And those stagnant yellow eyes. A sword filled with darkness.

"..."

Looking at the knight with overwhelming aura in front of them, an indescribable sense of irritation and discomfort welled up from within me.

What is this emotion? Without even realizing it, the vessel suddenly uttered words on its own.

"What is that appearance? You've been caught up in idle thoughts again within a short time."

"I'm surprised to see you here, King of Heroes."

Slightly surprised. Are the Black Swordsman and the King of Heroes acquainted? At the very least, if one is a hero, I believe they would be familiar with the King of Heroes...

"What!? You, can you talk? Have you been silent until now?"

"Because no matter what I did, I was being watched, I had to remain a scarecrow. But..."

That knight glanced at Mash.

"!"

"You possess an interesting Noble Phantasm, girl."

"Huh? Me, you mean?"

"Don't let your guard down, girl. That's the illustrious King of Knights, Arthur Pendragon. Carrying the second selection sword, the world-renowned ultimate sword..."

"Excalibur! Forged in the Inner Sea of Stars!"

Romani expressed his admiration.

Arthur Pendragon... It was an unfamiliar name. If I remember correctly, Arthur was supposed to be a king, a man.

Or rather, unless my eyes are playing tricks on me, he, no, she is...

"She was a woman, huh?"

"A cross-dressing girl living in Britain's future~"

Yes, that's it. At least, I've never heard of a theory that Arthur Pendragon was a woman in history.

"She couldn't become a king if she was a woman. Because of her family background, she had to behave as a man."

"Don't talk so casually! That King of Knight is targeting Mash!"

"Interesting. Truly interesting.――King of Heroes, I'll deal with your unpleasant side later."

With a light scoff, the dark swordsman faced Mash and lowered his black sword.

"Prepare yourself, girl. Let's see if your protection is genuine or fake, my sword can confirm it――!!"

The sense of discomfort grew stronger. What is this? This irritation, this feeling...

It's as if... as if the precious thing I yearned for has been tainted with filth, giving me a sensation close to murderous intent.