Ch. 13 Spirit

Slowly, from the golden ripples, a single sword is drawn.

For some reason, the King of Knight... referred to as Saber. Vast details about that king were recorded within this vessel.

And thus, reading and gaining the past records and knowledge, the emotions held by this vessel for that Servant slowly became visible.

Saber, possessing the heart of a dragon, is inevitably weak against weapons that kill dragons.

With this insight, a sword that becomes the source of dragon-slaying, different from the "thing" used when connected with a Saber from a certain dimension, was drawn.

If there are achievements, I shall gratefully utilize them. Once weaknesses are known, they must be exploited thoroughly. Without complacency or carelessness, even for someone nameless and without a signature, such must be the way.

—A Saber whose True Name has not been released will not break this armor.

—It would be best not to rely too much on this. Upon careful consideration, with each strike, every movement emanates an immense magical power, accomplishing all tasks.

Claiming to be unperturbed by rocket impacts due to being fully armored, the demeanor of a king has not penetrated this unmarked self.

—An Excalibur without a sheath is worthless.

The sheath of Excalibur... is it referring to the sheath of Excalibur?

Confusion arises. Could there be a situation where the sheath is stronger than the blade? Is there a purpose beyond sheathing the drawn blade?

I wanted to know more, but stubbornly, the details were not recorded within this vessel. Why...

I gaze at the black King of Knight before me. —There is no sign of anything resembling a sheath. It seems this vessel will not fall into the feared situation. I breathe a sigh of relief.

—It's precisely because one can't obtain it, that there exists beauty in certain things.—

...?

What does that mean? Are you saying that there is something that the king, who obtained and stored all sorts of treasures from the universe, throughout history, could not obtain? Really?

—Is this the true nature of this discomfort? Is this the cause of this frustration?

—Unthinkable as it may be, could the King of Heroes be... to that King of Knight?

I quickly dispel the fleeting thought.

There's no need for base actions that expose the heart. It might be acceptable for combat information, but to dig up past sentiments is undoubtedly disrespectful and sacrilegious.

—Repeat. I do not wish to dominate this vessel, nor do I wish to manipulate it.

Regardless of whatever fate may have unfolded, this vessel has genuine experiences, dignity, and pride.

Respect for the existence named the King of Heroes Gilgamesh and the magnanimity that still does not expel me. As an unmarked soul, I must not forget to be thankful.

I must discipline myself to avoid shamelessly flaunting others' accomplishments.

"You're pondering quite a bit. Have you grown tired of that foolish game of a tactic from that head? "

A stern voice shoots towards me. For someone with a weak heart, just this voice alone could drive them mad with fear.

"Well, I was simply considering a method suitable for you, that bloody makeup. Your fresh blood, drawn from you, would surely complement that pale skin, resembling either a corpse or wax."