Ch. 21 Interlude - Summoning

Some find enjoyment in movement.

"Let's go, Mashu! Special Serve!"

"Yes! Activating Noble Phantasm!"

Some savor sweetness.

"Oh, how blissful. It's so heartwarming... Everyone would bid their farewells like this, without any regrets."

Some dedicate themselves to invention.

"That's right! Let's make it a unified switch! It'll be much easier to manage!"

Some provoke with their blog.

"Fou, Fou! (Take that, Merlin)."

A tranquil life at the summit of Chaldea, a paradise.

However, that tranquility is shattered by a command.

"――――Hear my voice! All personnel!! Assemble!!!"

Summoned by the King's command, all members of Chaldea gather.

Having been half-dozing, he was rudely awakened by the vessel, leading him to this moment.

"You called? Gilgamesh. Oh, Marie is here too."

"Gilgamesh called the assembly, but I have something to discuss."

"Hellooo? Miss Director, do you have a minute?"

"Don't speak until you've swallowed, you Otaku."

"That's harsh!"

"Is this about a mission, Director?"

"It's something important to Ritsuka."

Olga Marie stands formally and redirects her attention.

"From here on, we will conduct Heroic Spirit summoning!"

—Apparently, this is to reduce Gilgamesh's burden of investing in Chaldea and conducting battles, while also reinforcing Chaldea's combat capabilities by performing a ritual to summon more heroes.

"I didn't really care either way. Hahaha, though that little one teary-eyed told me, 'If you're gone, Chaldea will sink!' So I couldn't refuse. The dear child, but there won't be any flags raised between us, you know?"

"Wrong! I don't feel that way!"

Apparently, the way Olga Marie perceives the vessel is also as 'his treasure'. Well, he did give up his Holy Grail, so it's a reasonable point. He's like a much older brother who's playfully annoying, but since neither of them seems to mind, she won't stop him. It's good to have a relaxed atmosphere.

"From now on, the summoned Servants will generally stay at Chaldea and be called upon as needed during battles. Ritsuka, who's still inexperienced, should focus on following Gilgamesh and Mash's instructions. If necessary, summon the Servants as backup."

"Haha, am I being promoted to a main Servant too? It's no joke that the difficulty level = cheat."

The King of Heroes laughs merrily. It's his job to give substance to this confidence. He need to do his best.

"For some reason, I can always summon Gilgamesh. Is it because his Saint Graph is particularly robust?"

'—Perhaps, it might be due to my existence. As someone involved, am I being spoken to? I don't know whether I'm the cause or effect.'

Maybe it's telling him to struggle because everything is uncertain. Either way, he happy to be with Mash and the Master.

"There's nothing impossible for me."

Gilgamesh crosses his arms firmly. This vessel is dependable.

"You have a great persuasiveness, Senpai."