Summer Job

_______________________

Tiana Jerome, 18

📍Chino Hills, California

"Hi, welcome to Burger King! How may I help you?"

The elderly woman ignored the girl, looking at the menu in-front of her.

"Uhm hello?" Tiana spoke into her headset, looking at the monitor that showed the drive thru. The woman stayed silent.

"Ma'am-"

"Excuse me! I'm trying to order."

Girl who the fuck is you talking to? Not me, she thought."I'm sorry, I just thought you couldn't hear me-"

"Well I can! Can I please take a look at the menu?"

Tiana scoffed before muting her mic.

Melo came around from the second window frowning, pulling an ear back from his headset.

"Nah, ion like how she speaking to you." He handed her the order for the man at the window.

She rolled her eyes, closing the window. "It's whatever Melo."

After a ten minutes the woman finally spoke.

"Okay, I'll have one Whopper Jr."

"Is that all?"

"Yeah."

"Your total will be 2.19 at the first window."

The woman sped to the window, almost hitting a pole.

Tiana opened the window and gave a her a lazy smile.

"Two nineteen-"

"Yeah you told me."

She reached into her purse, grabbing a out a $50 bill. "And I want my change back."

"Yes Ma'am..." Tiana mugged her, trying her hardest not to jump through the window.

The teen girl counted out her change, handing her a receipt and a few bills.

Closing the window, She went to the kitchen to check on the order.

Since it was early, only Melo and Tiana were there. She entered the back, seeing Melo lazily flip meat patties.

"Bro I can't with this lady. She's getting mad at me thinking ima steal her change. Why the hell you order a two dollar burger and pay with 50. That shits stupid."Tiana ranted.

"I'm about done with this job. I don't care what Big baller say, I learned my lesson. Why he had to punish us with jobs?" Melo flipped a patty, jumping back when a drop of hot oil popped at his arm. The meat fell, dropping right by his foot.

But before the girl could scold him they heard pounding at the window.

"Oh my goshhhh..." She groaned, throwing my head back before stomping to the window and yanking it open.

"What!"

The lady was taken aback with her sudden change of attitude but didn't hesitate to do the same.

"I have been waiting for twenty minutes already! I have to go to work, what is taking so long!?" She huffed, trying to look behind Tiana into the kitchen.

"First of all lady it's been five minutes max. Second of all you're obviously not worried about being late since you took about twenty damn minutes to order one fuc-"

"Here you go ma'am." LaMelo stood from behind Tiana, holding her burger out to her.

She snatched the bag, looking inside of it before driving off.

"Old people piss me off."

Melo erupted into laughter before making his way to the front register. Since they were the only ones taking an early shift, the dining area was closed.

"Whatchu laughing about?"

He just stared at her and shrugged, fighting the urge to chuckle. Suddenly the girl gasped.

"LaMelo! Did you put that nasty patty in her burger!?"

He burst out laughing once again, receiving a slap to the chest.

"Why would you do that? We could get fired!"

"I'm not gonna let nobody talk to my best friend like that. Besides how are they even gonna find out?"

One week later...

"Fired!?"

Lavar sat in the office chair next to Melo and Tiana. The manager showing him camera footage of last Monday.

"I'm afraid to inform you that what your son did violates the FDA's guidelines and regulations, resulting in an immediate termination of employment."

"Yes I understand that, but what did Tiana do?"

"Because she was told about this and didn't report to management, she will also face termination of employment."

"Which means?" She deadpanned.

"You're both fired."

"That's it?" Melo asked. The manager nodded.

"Cool." They both stood up, practically skipping out of the establishment.

"Don't think y'all off the hook when we get home. Tiana your mom still says you're grounded, you too Dip."

Remember to Vote and comment I love y'all's feedback🫶🏾💕