Chapter 0

"Take me to the embassy."

"Yes, sir!"

V R O O M

"What the hell is going on?!"

"The brakes aren't- huh?!"

C R A S H

"One of our diplomats in Ostania was killed in a car accident."

A heavy atmosphere lingered in the shadowy lit room. The darkened faces looked upon from the long table which took up the room.

"We suspect it was an assassination carried out by the east's far-right-wing political party.

They want a war with our nation of Westalis.

We need to know exactly what they are planning in the east."

"Then we should put him on it. The best agent we have...

'Twilight.'"

With a loud screech a train pulled into the station. A blond haired man walked in carrying a suitcase. With a practiced confidence he deciphered the code given and with that, his new mission promptly began.

𝙶𝚘𝚘𝚍 𝚍𝚊𝚢. 𝙾𝚛 𝚛𝚊𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛, 𝚐𝚘𝚘𝚍 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚐, "𝚃𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝."

𝙴𝚡𝚌𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚔 𝚘𝚗 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚕𝚊𝚜𝚝 𝚊𝚜𝚜𝚒𝚐𝚗𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝. 𝚃𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚔𝚜 𝚝𝚘 𝚢𝚘𝚞, 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚖𝚒𝚗𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚑𝚊𝚜 𝚜𝚞𝚛𝚟𝚒𝚟𝚎𝚍 𝚊𝚗𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚍𝚊𝚢, 𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚐𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚝 𝚋𝚎𝚗𝚎𝚏𝚒𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝚆𝚎𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚕𝚒𝚜.

𝙸'𝚖 𝚊𝚏𝚛𝚊𝚒𝚍 𝚠𝚎 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚊𝚗𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚊𝚜𝚜𝚒𝚐𝚗𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚊𝚕𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚢.

𝚈𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚝𝚊𝚛𝚐𝚎𝚝 𝚒𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚎𝚛 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝙽𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗𝚊𝚕 𝚄𝚗𝚒𝚝𝚢 𝙿𝚊𝚛𝚝𝚢, 𝙳𝚘𝚗𝚘𝚟𝚊𝚗 𝙳𝚎𝚜𝚖𝚘𝚗𝚍.

𝙷𝚎 𝚒𝚜 𝚊 𝚐𝚛𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚝𝚛𝚞𝚌𝚎 𝚋𝚎𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚎𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝙴𝚊𝚜𝚝 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚆𝚎𝚜𝚝.

𝚈𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚖𝚒𝚜𝚜𝚒𝚘𝚗 𝚒𝚜 𝚝𝚘 𝚐𝚎𝚝 𝚌𝚕𝚘𝚜𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚑𝚒𝚖 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚙𝚛𝚘𝚋𝚎 𝚒𝚗𝚝𝚘 𝚊𝚗𝚢 𝚜𝚎𝚍𝚒𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚞𝚜 𝚊𝚌𝚝𝚒𝚟𝚒𝚝𝚒𝚎𝚜.

𝙸𝚗 𝚘𝚛𝚍𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚘 𝚍𝚘 𝚜𝚘...

The man known as Twilight took a sip of his coffee.

...you will marry and have a child.

And with that, he promptly spat out his drink onto his paper coughing. "Excuse me?!"

Desmond is a recluse and is extremely suspicious of others. At this point he operates almost entirely behind the scenes.

His only public appearances are at the events held at the elite private school his son attends.

These events serve as informal get-togethers for the upper crust of industrial and political leaders.

You are to enroll your child at this school and gain entry to these events.

However, the deadline for admissions is approaching fast.

ONLY ONE WEEK REMAINS.

I have SEVEN days to make a CHILD?!

The previously impassive spy took on a furious turn. The paper in his hands ripped in half. Dread overtook him.

"Ahem. Excuse me." He coughed into his hand. I need to calm down. A spy who loses his cool is a spy who's about to lose his life.

We're calling it "Operation Strix."

This operation is the key to maintaining peace between East and West- and perhaps the world beyond.

Never forget that everyone else's day-to-day lives are possible because of your blood and sweat.

And so, Operation Strix began. The mission for world peace.