Chapter-26

Hello my lovely readers,

thankyou so much that you are giving so much love to the story of Inayat and Veer,

This chapter is a bit longer and also I wrote it here rather than using WordPad please forgive the author for any mistakes. 

enjoy reading.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

( One week later)

Inayat pov: -

"Dil, wake up. Mom is calling us downstairs for breakfast," Veer's voice echoes in my dream, but he's nowhere to be seen. I feel a gentle pat on my face. "Cupcake, wake up or you'll be late for the Mehndi ceremony," Veer says, and my body jolts awake. Today is my Mehndi ceremony! "What's the time?" I ask, panic seeping into my voice. "What, no good morning for me?" Veer teases. "Good morning, Mr. Veer Singhania," I say, giving him a wide smile and our customary morning kiss.

"Good morning, Dil," he replies, kissing my forehead. "Did you sleep well?" he asks, and I nod. I glance at the time - 8 AM! "Veer, why didn't you wake me? I'm late!" I exclaim, jumping out of bed and rushing into the closet to grab my clothes. "I didn't wake you up because you slept late yesterday due to all the preparations," he explains, standing at the bathroom door while I brush my teeth. I shoot him a glare that says 'I'll see you later,' and he just shakes his head. "Get ready, I'll be outside," he says, leaving me to finish getting ready.

After getting ready in a green frock and leaving my hair open, I call for Veer, who is engrossed in something on his phone. As soon as he sees me, he puts his phone away and comes towards me. He follows his daily routine - by which I mean he ties anklets around my feet. He bought new anklets and told me - or rather, ordered me - that he would be the one to put them on me. When I asked him why he bought new anklets when I could wear the ones he gifted me on our engagement, he said he had promised me two anklets, and that's why.

I sit on the ottoman while he picks up the anklets from the vanity. He places my foot on his thigh and ties the anklet around my ankle, then does the same with my other foot. He then looks up at me and I smile. "Let's go," he says, offering me his hand to hold.

"Good morning, everyone," I greet as I reach the dining table. I hug Niya first. "Morning, Bhabhi," she replies, and I smile. Then I hug Mahir Bhai. "Good morning, Butterscotch," he says, and I smile. He has been calling me Butterscotch since I told him that I'm addicted to butterscotch. Then I touch Dadu's feet and he pats my head. "God bless you, bache," he says. Then I head towards Maa and Papa and stand between them, giving them both a side hug. "Good morning, Inayat bache," they both say. Maa kisses my forehead while Papa pats my head.

After having breakfast, I message Neha and Aisha to ask them when they are arriving. "Inayat and Veer, go get ready and come outside to the garden. The Mehndi artists are here," Maa tells us, and we nod.