Chapter-29

Hello my lovely readers,

how are you all doing?

okay so recently i have been engaged in reading fantasy novels, so i ordered the folk of air series. i think its pretty nice Jude Daurte and Carden Greenbriar. 

well here is the next chapter enjoy it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

INAYAT POV: -

"Kick the pot and step into this plate filled with altaa," Maa instructs, her hands still holding the aarti thali. I obey, my feet leaving crimson footprints as I make my way into the mansion.

"There are a few more rituals to complete before you can rest," Maa announces. Veer and I exchange a glance before following her to the lobby.

"Alright, the one who finds the ring first wins the game," Aisha declares, her eyes twinkling with mischief. Veer and I plunge our hands into the bowl filled with milk and rose petals. "Go Veer!" Mahir bhai and Rishab cheer him on. "Got it!" Veer exclaims, triumphantly holding up the ring. I can't help but smile at his excitement. "This means Veer will have the upper hand in this marriage," Papa teases. "Has it ever happened that a husband rules when there's a wife?" Dadu retorts, causing the room to erupt in laughter.

"Now for the final ritual. Veer, you have to find your name in Inayat's mehndi within 60 seconds," Maa instructs. Veer grabs my hand, his eyes scanning the intricate patterns. "It's impossible to find it in just a minute," he protests. "Okay, I'll give you a hint," I offer, trying to suppress my grin. "Thank you," he replies, relief washing over his face. "It's on my left hand," I reveal. Veer pouts, and I can't help but shake my head at his adorable expression.

"Veer, you've had three chances and you still can't find your name in your wife's mehndi?" Mahir bhai teases. "Pass," Veer sighs in defeat. "Here's your name," I reveal, shifting my ring slightly to show the initials 'V.S' etched beneath the diamond.

As the clock strikes 2 am, the last of the guests begin to leave. "You both must be exhausted. Go and rest," Maa and Papa advise, showering us with blessings. We nod in agreement, making our way to our room.

I collapse onto the bed, my eyes fluttering shut. "I'm not getting married again," I mumble. "What? Who said you could marry again?" Veer asks, a hint of amusement in his voice. I open my eyes to find him standing beside me, a glass of water in his hand. "Not like that... I mean, this whole wedding thing is too exhausting," I clarify, downing the water in one go.

"Come on, change out of your lehnga and then sleep. We have a flight tomorrow evening," he reminds me, beginning to remove his accessories. "Where are we going?" I ask, curiosity piqued. "On our honeymoon," he replies with a smirk. "Veer!" I whine, sounding like a petulant child. "Inayat, you'll find out tomorrow. Now, change your clothes," he instructs.