Chapter 2

(Unedited)

When Iris saw the wolves, she dashed towards Tulip...

"I am alright, Maman. You need not worry. Not today, at least." Despite what she said, Tulip leaned into her protective arms most happily, and Lillian rolled her eyes as she watched Iris's golden gaze scouring everyone, searching.

"They are not here, Iris. I would never allow it. Now release my sweet niece and come embrace your older sister." Lillian scoffed before opening her arms, everyone chuckling at her words while Iris pursed her lips, and Antonia happily stepped in before nudging her mate.

"Welcome home, Lillian... I--" Iris had embraced her then, relishing in the loving hold of the wolf, and Lillian shushed her at once before kissing the side of her head, her wolf grunting happily.

"We understand you mean well, Iris. We all do... Happy Birthday, dear." Said Vera, walking up to them with the sweetest smile on her lips, and while Lillian beamed like a pup at the sight of their mate, Iris let herself be hugged again.

"Iris! My favorite child! Happy Birthday!" June's voice boomed as she came rushing in, Athena chuckling as she watched her best friend pulling her daughter in her arms, and Aria simply shook her head while Ray laughed gleefully.

"Freya and Juno send their wishes, Iris. They are visiting the human realm with their mates and pups: searching for their mates. Which is why they couldn't make it. But I am here." Said Alfonzo, June and Aria's firstborn who lived in the Elf kingdom with his mate, and Iris hugged him tightly.

"It is so good to see you again, Alfi. How is your mate and the pups? Tell me all about them." Iris asked happily, causing Alfonzo to grin before wrapping his arm around her shoulders, and June watched them from beside Athena: grinning happily.

While the elders talked, Irene and Ceres walked up to Tulip and took her away...

"Are you alright?" Irene inquired, her voice as gentle as her touch, and Tulip gave her a timid smile while Ceres looked at her as if she had grown ten heads, her emotions loud as they traveled through their bond.

"Of course, she's not alright! It's her mate we're talking about!" Ceres whisper-hissed at Irene, who ignored her retort without a hitch, and Tulip's cheeks became rosy as she ducked her head shyly, her white hair cascading down her face.

For as long as history had been recorded and passed down, never before had a supernatural found their mate before they came of age. So, when at the immature age of thirteen Tulip felt the uncanny and impenetrable tug of the mate bond, everyone was beyond horrified and unprepared. Tulip's mate was a wolf, the heir to June's throne, and Lillian's only child. They were already over a hundred years old at the time they felt the mate bond and their wolf went feral as they tried to reach her. But Iris had intervened, knocking the wolf out of consciousness before sending them away but the damage was done. After months of studies and the quest for answers: the reason behind the evolution of the mate bond was divulged to be the uncanny powers that Tulip carried because of her bloodline. Iris was heartbroken for her daughter and she forbade Tulip's mate from entering the Vampire Kingdom without her permission: her guilt infinite.

However, Tulip did not the remain only one in that boat for too long...

"Her mate who tried to attack her the first time they laid their eyes on her-- and need I remind you that they are much, much, older than our sister?" Irene replied in a calm voice but both Tulip and Ceres could feel the anger of her vampire and magic simmering beneath her skin, seeping into their bond.

"I am glad Mama Lillian did not allow them to visit today. I would never approve of them being near our sister again. At least not until she reaches her immortal years." Irene's words were calm yet her vampire was furious as they thought back to that day and Tulip remained silent while Ceres sighed.