Chapter 19

T.W: Violence. Gore. Blood. Torture.

(Unedited)

After leaving the Dragon Realm, Iris got lost...

Once she stepped through the portal with Esme, she found herself alone and someplace unknown. She had seen, created, and been to enough pocket dimensions to realize that she was in one but how she got there was a mystery to her. The floor underneath her feet was transparent, showing the faraway galaxies and billions of stars littered all around them, and Iris realized, with a deep frown, that the place she had found herself in existed beyond the space-time continuum. That attribute alarmed Iris because creating a pocket dimension such as this one required a ghastly amount of raw energy and as far as her knowledge extended, she was the only one who could have and had already concocted somewhere like that. This pocket dimension was not as big as the one she had created but there was something distinct in its environment that made her skin crawl and when Iris tried to use her magic to leave, she heard someone speak.

"What are you doing here?" a very sickly voice asked and the moment Iris turned around, her heart sunk and her eyes widened in shock because she found Imogen heaving on the floor.

"Imogen! What happened to you?" the woman flitted over to the young oracle at once, cradling her weak form in her arms and once she had helped her heal enough so she could speak, Imogen appeared nothing but scared.

"Y-You should not-- You can't be here, you have to go. You must go now--" Imogen could not even finish her warming without breaking into a coughing fit and Iris used even more of her magic to remedy her at the sight of blood emptying her throat.

"What happened to you? Who did this to you?" Iris's magic hissed angrily the more she tried to help Imogen, ignoring her pleas to leave at once and she felt tired by the time she had helped her enough so she could stand on her own.

"Please, Queen Iris, you must leave before it's too late. It is not safe for anyone or for you to be here. P-Please, you must... You have to go!" Imogen looked around in wild terror, shaking as she grasped onto the taller woman's arms, and Iris found her vampire growling as she watched the girl.

"Who is it, Imogen? Who is hurting you? Whom are you so scared of?" Iris demanded to know, her magic and vampire beyond enraged, and the look Imogen gave her screamed danger and dread.

"It's them. They... They're here for you and your family. They--" Imogen choked suddenly, looking down at her hands only to find blood seeping out of the wounds Iris had just closed and she grabbed onto her arms before glaring in her eyes.

"You have to go right now. They're coming back and if they find you here, everything will be ruined. I can stop them but if they see you-- you have to go! Please!" Imogen pushed Iris away before using the last bit of magic in her veins to open a portal but the woman stood there stubbornly, refusing to abandon her.

"I will not leave you here like this, Imogen. You must leave with me or let me stay and fight whoever it is--" Iris could not understand why Imogen was panicking like that, surely she knew just how powerful she was, but the young oracle merely shook her head with teary eyes.

"You can not fight them, Queen Iris! This is that one fight you will lose and when you do, it will be the end of everyone and everything you love!" the shaking girl screamed at the Queen of the North, making her vampire and magic even angrier, and when she knew she would not listen, she decided to force her.

"I'm sorry for doing this but you leave me no choice. I must do this or you will die here," Imogen mumbled lowly and Iris did not realize what she meant until she saw the portal moving towards her but before she could even stop her, someone else did.