SEVENTH

This was my first ever mission and it was a mix of emotions for me. It felt exciting, but also a bit scary. I was a trainee at the time and got to work with Rihan, an experienced agent. Our task was to clean up a school. Not literally.

The most terrifying thing about the mission wasn't the school, but the fact I had to leave my house after 10 p.m. Seriously, which parent would allow their kid to go out of the house at 1 a.m.?

Mine definitely won't.

Night came up, and I was done with my dinner. Changing into my nightwear. I realised it was short. Going outside in these, I'm gonna freeze to death. It's okay. It's summer won't be that cold will it? I lay on the bed waiting for everyone to sleep. I think of ways to escape and excuses if I get caught.

It was almost time when I heard a faint knock on my bedroom window. I got up and walked towards the window. It was Rihan. I live on the second floor. How did you climb up?

As he gestured towards the window, I watched in anticipation, eagerly letting him in. The moonlight highlighted his dark brown hair, and his honey-coloured eyes gleamed like stars. Clad in black, he looked like a prince, coming to collect his princess.

" Shall we leave?" I asked Rihan, who was staring at me. He nodded.

I picked out my slippers, which I had hidden under my bed, and hid my stuffed teddy under my blanket to make it seem like I was still there. My sister was a heavy sleeper, so she wasn't a problem.

"Will you be able to climb down with those slippers?" Rihan questioned.

"We are taking the door," I answered.

He looked at me with questioning eyes but still agreed.

Tiptoeing our way from the hallway through the door. The ticking of the clock seemed to amplify in the quiet house. Even the door locks seemed to be yelling. Once we were out of my house, we swiftly headed downstairs. Running past the sleeping watchman of my apartment, whose snore could scare even the ghosts, let alone the thieves.

Rihan started laughing once we were out "Where are you going to an all-girl sleepover? " pointing at my clothes. Yes, I was wearing a pink-coloured pyjama. Oversized shirt with a big bunny head in the middle and shorts with little bunny prints all over. I punched him, to which he finally stopped laughing.

ughh..

He opened the car door, letting me in. As we set off in the car, Rihan passed me a file." go through this."

I skimmed through the contents of the file. It was about the school we were going to. It was a collection of past incidents and the history of the school.

"Why did they call us? Nothing creepy has happened so far."

"Gruesome activity or murder is not always what causes hauntings. These types of events can create strong negative energy in a location that is known to attract spirits. However, other factors can also contribute to hauntings. Negative energy can be present in certain places, such as schools, hospitals, and railway stations, which are some places that attract entities. This negative energy can come from past traumatic events, or from the emotions and thoughts of the people who are frequent at these places." Rihan looked at me.

"I had always thought that was the only case. "

"Surely anit a paranormal fan"  He teased. 

"Weren't I supposed to be trained by your so-called organisation" I rebuked.

"That's why what I'm saying is remember it carefully. THIS IS A PART OF YOUR TRAINING" He looked at me. I nodded making mental notes.

"Belief can also be a factor in hauntings. When many people believe in something, it can manifest into reality. This is because people are filled with energy, and their thoughts and beliefs hold great power. When a group of people collectively believe in something, they can create a powerful energy that can affect the physical world." He looked at me making sure I was listening.

"Additionally, there are different types of entities that can cause hauntings. Ghosts are the most well-known type, but there are other entities, such as poltergeists and demons, that can cause disturbances. These different types of entities have unique characteristics and can cause different types of activity.

In conclusion, a variety of factors can cause hauntings, including negative energy in a location, past traumatic events, and collective belief. Understanding these factors can help to explain why certain places are more likely to be haunted than others, and can also help to identify the type of entity that is causing the disturbance." He ended.