TENTH

I dressed in a pink see-through short kurta and opted for blue bootcut jeans. With every movement, my jhumkhas dangle and create a soft jingling sound. As I walked through my college campus, a gentle breeze tousled my perfectly styled hair. I couldn't contain my happiness; it sparkled in my eyes.

"On this perfect day
Nothing's standing in my way
On this perfect day
When nothing can go wrong~" I sang as I walked through the college campus, tiptoeing and running my hand through the tree branches.

"You are singing off-tune, you know that, right?" I heard a deep voice. I turned around with glaring eyes. "I'm singing for myself who cares" Rihan was standing with his calm honey brown eyes. Dark turtle neck top and beige straight-legged bottoms.
Seriously, doesn't he get hot in this humid Mumbai weather?

I grabbed his hand dragging him to a secluded location. "Wtf you doing here? How did you manage to get in here? What will you do if you get caught?"

I did not realise how close I was to him. I could feel his warm breath hitting my face. His honied eyes, as calm as ever, stared back at me. I could smell him, the fragrance of dark chocolate, hints of vanilla and a whiff of spiciness. It made me hungry.

What? Like who wouldn't?

"Kaya?" I heard a friend call. Shoot, I cursed.

"Is that your boyfriend?" As she spoke, her pitch soared with an undeniable sense of excitement.

GOD no....I shifted my gaze from my friend towards Rihan, who seemed incredibly calm.

He wrapped his arm around my shoulder and pulled me closer, saying, "I'm here to take her out on a date." His tall form towered over me, and his chin playfully rested on my head. It was at this moment that I first noticed how much taller he was than me. My head swirled as if I were on a rollercoaster ride. My heart danced inside my chest, performing somersaults.

What is wrong with me?

As I gazed at him, I couldn't help but notice his smile. It was soft and alluring, like a crescent moon. His eyes were gentle and exuded warmth as they met mine. At that moment, it felt like I had known him for years. I found myself drawn to his expression and knew I could get used to seeing Rihan like this.

My friend cleared her throat and asked why I hadn't told them about my recent boyfriend. I hesitated before lying "I-I've...started dating him recently." Would hate to admit it, but my face was as red as a tomato. I HATE YOU RIHAN.

"We're getting late," Rihan interrupted, dragging me along with him. I awkwardly waved at my friend as I was being pulled away. I knew I'd be in big trouble when I returned. What was I supposed to tell them? We exited the college gates when he finally stopped. He released my hand from his tight grip. My wrist was red with finger marks. "I'm going to Vasai Fort and you're coming with me," he said, looking at me. "How did you manage to enter my college?"

"Not a big deal"

Dude I asked you how? Answer that! Glaring at him."I have a class to attend." I started walking away but I was pulled back"

"See even I don't want to" he sighed looking away."Dev told me to take you with me given your abilities would be best for investigation."

"Why don't you take, Layla with you"

"Trust me I want to" he murmured.

"Why don't you then?" Stepping closer to him.

"Let's leave, it's a long journey, we have to return before it gets dark."

"Class?"

"As if you never skip class? I'll teach u, you are science stream, I am too."

"Ughh fine."