XVIII

XVIII.

AMANDA HELD ONTO MY HAND for dear life when we walked down the trail towards the lake, the bitter cold nipping at any exposed skin no matter how good you wrap yourself up. I had no idea why we thought it would be a good idea to watch the sunrise across the lake, dawn already beginning to breach the edge of the water. Her feet slipped in the snow numerous times as she clung to my arm until we were a good few feet away from the water, the quiet chirps from the birds echoed behind us, the sound of the icy lake cracking as the water beneath shifted, the sound reverberated into the quiet morning.

I stood behind her and wrapped my arms around her waist, my lips kissing the crook of her neck when I rested my chin on her shoulder, my glasses starting to fog up from breathing into her scarf to keep my nose warm. it only took a few minutes when I frustratedly removed my glasses, rather having a warm nose than a clear vision.

Amanda let out a long tired yawn when I felt her lean back against me, her body flush against me when her head rested on mine. I pressed my lips to the top of her head, promising we will go back into the warm cabin and cuddle on the couch.

It took almost four minutes for the sun to completely rise, the colours not disappointing when the reflections scattered across the frozen lake as I watched her take pictures. Going back to the cabin was a race, feeling like a competitive battle to who can jump into the warmth the quickest, Amanda being a cheat when she swept my foot from under me when I fell to the ground into the powdered snow, her laughter ringing through the air as I tried to grab her ankle and failing.

"Oh, you're too slow." She exclaimed laughing harder.

The longer I stayed lay in the snow, the longer I thought of revenge for later, not uttering a word to her. With a groan, I got up from the ground and brushed the snow off my clothes as I walked to the cabin, the door left open a crack.

Before any words left my mouth and my feet stepped through the doors thresh hold, I felt a pair of warm soft lips pressed against, her hands helping me shrug off my wet jacket, trying not to break the kiss when I let it fall on the floor. My hand grabbed onto her hips when they made their way down the back of her thighs as I picked her up, her legs wrapped around my waist when I walked and sat her on the dining table. I ran my hands up her thighs, gripping them hard when I pulled her into me, my fingers undoing the button on her jeans, her hand going between my legs when a soft moan came from my mouth. I felt her shake her head when I grabbed onto her jeans to pull them down, feeling her lips on my neck when she whispered a tut and said no, I pulled away for a quick second when she looked at me taking the brief pause to undo my belt and jeans swiftly.

The breath getting caught in my throat when her hand went into my jeans, feeling her fingers gently massage over my underwear until I was wet enough for her to slide her fingers in, another low moan escaping my lips when I rested my forehead against hers, my hands grabbing onto the edge of the table. As soon as her lips touched mine, the cabin door opened when someone came on through like a bull.

"Honey, I'm home," Ryan called, frustration running through my body when Amanda took her hand out, her face giving me a look that reflected exactly what I was feeling.

"And here I was hoping we'd be eating at the table," she deadpanned, slapping her palm against my chest when I turned around to look at him, Leah trudging her way on through the door an apologetic look on her face.

With an exhale I quickly buckled up my belt before turning around to go help Leah bring some bags into the cabin, while Ryan just stood in the middle of the lounge area talking to himself, trying to drown his voice out. When he mentioned coming up I thought he was joking, not taking him seriously else I would have told him not to bother or at least give me a chance to warn Amanda.