V

V.

SOMEWHERE IN BETWEEN THE DAYS my mum had been home forcing me to receive her lectures about my glasses and how I should take better care of my things, acting as if I broke them intentionally. As well as avoiding my mother I was also trying to avoid the trio while I was at school, taking dodges around the corner and into random closets and classrooms, leaving me to think of a way to get out of having to meet up with DeCeno.

The only thing I could come up with was to just ask what I can do and get it done on my own then I won't have to see her until it was presentation day, however, there was one problem, we still haven't decided on what topic to settle on. Hopefully, we agree upon something before class was over to give me a chance to sort this mess out. I just wanted to get today over and done with so I can go home and carry on with doing nothing because nothing is better than being with one of the Jockey-Jerkers.

I looked up from the table when I heard Amanda mutter 'morning' under her breath and take the seat next to me, sitting up straight a gave her a simple nod of the head while I kept telling myself over and over that, I didn't want to be here. I didn't want to be with her.

Either way, I spoke to her when she'd ask me a question other than that, I kept to myself and made the odd occasional noise to show I was listening. I felt her eyes looking at me when I glanced sideways, her eyebrows knitted together the longer she stared at me. I breathed out a quick sigh when I turned around to face her, her deep brown eyes looking into mine while her chin was supported in the palm of her hand.

The minutes passed and the stares grew colder I finally looked away when I started to feel intimidated by her, neither one of us attempted to make a conversation. To be honest, I don't even know why she is annoyed with me.

"Cat got your tongue?" her voice piped up while she flipped through the index of the textbook.

"Excuse me?" Not in the mood for games. Not in the mood for her shit.

She rolled her eyes and went back to the textbook, at least she wasn't willing to have a fight making the rest of the class time easy. We swapped a few words here and there but not enough to get into a conversation going but it didn't stop her from talking to the boys at the desk beside us, her laughter ringing through my ears when Catherine looked over to our table with narrowed eyes. Not sure if the look were for me or Amanda.

I haven't said a word her way other than a few days ago that consisted of no more than five words. Not wanting to spend my morning talking about Ryan, having to put up with him is more than enough without someone pining after him.

The likelihood of the look being for Amanda seemed plausible since she snaps and gets mad over the smallest of things. How she is right now would be a perfect excuse except she didn't verbally express it, she decided upon ignoring me instead.

As childish as it is to ignore someone it was probably the most effective. You could go through a whole list of things you could have done and probably won't even touch the reason why. When it came to DeCeno, she didn't seem to care if you ignored her, she would join you in the silent fight and give you the coldest shoulder.

During the almost two hour class to help us get a jump start on the project, I had the maximum of three sentences for a few project ideas that I copied from Amanda's notebook, her handwriting neat and perfected with every curve of the words while mine was quick and scruffy when it came to note-taking or jotting down ideas.

She gave me one last look and mouthed the word 'whatever' when she stood up and grabbed her belongings, a heavy sigh slipping through her lips as she ran her fingers through her hair when she walked away. I felt something small tug inside of me, a really small feeling of guilt for ignoring her until I remember what they did a few days ago. Thinking about it I instinctively ran my tongue over the nearly healed cut.