💍Chapter 11 - Flower Shop

Before the interview...

"Jin, Jungkook and I met with the counselor."
"And?"
"We're going through with the marriage"
"But I thought you said you'd-"
"I know, I know. The counselor said you and I could still see each oth-"
"Namjoon! I told you I didn't want to be your dirty little secret! I told you it was either me or Jungkook!"
"Jin just-"
"No! you've made your choice! I promise you, I promise you that you'll regret it, Kim Namjoon!"

⏳️ Present, Wednesday, May 5

That would have been Jin's last conversation with Namjoon. He'd be lying if he said that he didn't miss him but his pride wouldn't allow him to be the sidechick anymore- or sideman in his case.

He found the entire country's obsession with the wedding nauseating. Two men are getting married, so what?

He couldn't escape the sycophancy at work either. Everyone at Big Hit was chattering about what they were going to wear, the idols that were going to come and perform, the government officials that were going to be in attendance, etc. It made Jin bitter.

Bitter to the point where he contemplated taking a break from Big Hit until after the wedding.

He could always site mental health reasons as an excuse. With so many idols committing suicide, they'd have no choice but to take his claims seriously.

He trudged towards Bang PD's office but before he could knock, the door opened and an elated Jungkook stepped out. His shit-eating grin made Jin feel like strangling him.

"Jin-hyung!"
Jin only gave a nod of acknowledgement, much to Jungkook's surprise.
"Jin-hyung, I had something to ask you."
"Hm?"
"I want you to be my best man."

With a look of disgust, Jin shook his head. "I can't."
His response left Jungkook feeling baffled. "Why not, hyung?"
"I just can't. Please excuse me."

Jin attempted to enter the office but Jungkook held him back, his face donning a desparate expression.
"Hyung ..."
"What?"
"What's up with you lately? Y-You've been quite cold towards me and I don't remember offending you ..."

"Does Nam... Does Namjoon know that you want me as your best man?"
"N-No?"
Feeling mischievous, Jin asked, "Why dont you talk to him about that? Why dont you ask him why I can't be your best man?"

"You still haven't answered my question hyung ... Why have you been so cold towards me?"
'Because you stole Namjoon from me.'
"I know that you're used to people kissing your ass but the world doesn't revolve around you, Jungkook. Why don't you ask your older brother to be your bestman?"

Jungkook's spirit sank at the mere mention of his older brother. They haven't spoken in over a year. "M-My older brother Jung-hyun doesn't believe in gay marriage. He thinks it goes against God and he always encouraged me to go to conversion therapy to come out of the 'gay lifestyle'. He won't be coming."

Jin's jealousy for the younger man prevented him from having an ounce of empathy for him. "I still can't be your best man. Ask someone else."
And with that, Jin disappeared into Bang PD's office, slamming the door in Jungkook's face.

He stood for a while, trying to process the whole conversation. He was left feeling even more confused about Jin's sudden change of attitude towards him but his ringtone pulled him out of his daze.

Incoming call ...
💍Wedding Planner Taehyung💍

In swift motion, Jungkook accepted his call, his heart pounding with excitement.
"H-Hello?"
"Hello, Jungkook. I'm flower shopping for your wedding. Would you like to come?"

Left At The Alterजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें