💍 Chapter 15 - Left At The Alter

Euphoria
Take my hands now
You are the cause of my Euphoria
Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah (ooh ooh)

Euphoria
Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah
Close the door now
When I’m with you, I’m in utopia

The piano remix of Jungkook's hit single filled the ballroom while he was escorted to the alter by his Father. 

The interior decor was mesmerising and made the wedding fairytale-like. Coming down the aisle, Jungkook looked princely in his tailor-made lavender suit. It wasn't a tight fit. It accented his curvaceous body well. Donatella looked on proudly.

Jungkook tightly held his Hydrangea bouquet which had an Army Bomb in the centre just as planned. The flowers werent known for their smell so they wouldnt be an irritant for Jungkook's rhinitis.

He felt a bit sad holding the bouquet since Namjoon disinvited Taehyung but he tried not to think about it too much. 'Happy thoughts, Jungkook. Happy thoughts.'

On the other hand, Namjoon was nervously sieving through the crowd for Jin but he couldn't find him. He didn't even notice when Jungkook joined him at the alter until the wedding officiant took the mic.

"Greetings everyone. We are gathered here to join Kim Namjoon and Jeon Jungkook in holy matrimony."

Namjoon squirmed inside. Was it really a holy matrimony when it was just a marriage of convenience to him? Just a few seconds into the ceremony and he was already regretting it. Pathetic.

"This ceremony give social recognition to a union between two people who love and treasure each other. Between two people who wish to grow together with mutual love and respect for each other. Namjoon and Jungkook, are you ready to proclaim your love for one another in the presence of these witnesses and the heavens above?"

Jungkook nodded with enthusiasm, Namjoon nodded as if his head was too heavy to move.

The drumming of the rain on the roof didn't help his poor mood either. 'Rain on my fucking wedding day. Great. Must be a sign.'

"Jungkook, do you take Kim Namjoon as your lawfully wedded husband? Will you love and commit to him through joy and pain, sickness and health until death do you part?"

Jungkook flashed a smile. His universe began and ended with Namjoon. In his head, there was no man like Namjoon. "I do!"

The officiant turned to Namjoon. "Namjoon, do you take Jeon Jungkook as your lawfully wedded husband? Will you love and commit to him through joy and pain, sickness and health until death do you part?"

'Don't say it! Don't say it! Don't say it!'

Namjoon parted his lips to speak but the back doors of the ballroom swung open with a Bang!

Attendees swung their heads to see who was brazen enough to cause a scene.

It was Jin.

He stood there in a lavender suit of his own that was soaking wet from the rain he ran in.

When Namjoon's eyes landed on the man he was looking for earlier, his jaw dropped.

Jin had a fierce glint in his eyes. Watching the love of his life tie himself to someone else felt like a death sentence. He wanted nothing more than to grab Namjoon and force him to reconsider his decision.

"Can we have some order, please?" The officiant asked, a bit upset about the disturbance and the crowd's audible discontentment. "Can we continue with the program?"

Jungkook said yes but Namjoon's gaze never left Jin. He looked fearful and his breathing was off.

"Are you feeling ill, Namjoon?" The officiant inquired. He didn't fault him for being thrown off by Jin's boisterous entrance. They all were in a sense.

"Dont worry... I'm okay", Namjoon lied through his teeth.

"I'll repeat again, Namjoon, do you take Jeon Jungkook as your lawfully wedded husband? Will you love and commit to him through joy and pain, sickness and health until death do you part?"

'Don't say it! Don't say it! Don't say it!'

"I .... I d-"
"NAMJOON DON'T LIE!"

With tears streaming down his face, Jin marched up the alter to the couple. Yoongi rushed towards him in an attempt to intercept but with a swift fist, Jin connected his fist with his jaw.

Yoongi fell to the floor, still conscious but unstable.

"Namjoon, we've been in love for 3 years! 3 long years!" Jin exclaimed. "Don't lie and say that you'll commit to Jungkook when we've been making love for 3 years!"

Jungkook clutched his chest with his hand. He refused to believe what he was hearing. "N-N-Namjoon what is he talking about? Hyung, w-what are you talking about? What do you mea-"

"Namjoon, tell him the truth!"TELL HIM THE TRUTH ABOUT US!"

Namjoon shoved his twitching hands in his pockets. The attendees' eyes were piercing holes through his body so this was not the place he wanted to lay his soul bare.

But Jin didn't care to hide anymore. A team of bodyguards tried to escort him outside but he fought back defiantly until he was free from their grasp.

"Namjoon! Tell him that you love me! Tell him that you're just using him!"
"Jin ... Jin I don't want to do this ... not here..."

Jin wiped away his tears with the back of his hand before turning his attention to Jungkook. "Jungkook, remember when I asked you if you'd be willing to marry someone who belongs to and loves someone else?"

Jungkook nodded and Jin sniffled. "That someone else was me! I'm the person Namjoon belongs to! And I can't let you have him!"

Seeing what was unfolding, Jungkook's father rushed to his son's side. "What is the meaning of this?" He asked, in a thick Busan accent. "How can you say Namjoon belongs to you when Namjoon and Jungkook have been together for 5 years!?"

Jin turned to Namjoon and waited expectantly for his response. It wasn't his place to admit that his son was led on for so long. It was down to the one who did the leading on to admit to his sins.

And Namjoon knew, even if he didn't want to, that it was time to confess.
"Mr. Jeon and Jungkook, Jin and I ..." He took a deep breath before he continued. "Jin and I have been together for 3 years out of that 5. In other words ... Jin and I have been having an affair for more than half the time we've been together ..."

Jungkook's jaws hung slack, his eyes were like a leaking faucet with tears. "N-Namjoon ... why ... why ... did you f-find it so hard to love me? W-Why are we getting married if you were cheating on me?"

Namjoon took Jin's hand, his grip firm. "Because you were good for my career in the beginning. I'm sorry for using you but I can't help falling in love with someone else. The heart wants what it wants and it wanted Jin, not you ..."

Jungkook lunged at him and grabbed his free hand desparately when he turned to leave. "N-Namjoon, don't tell me you're g-going to walk away! I-If I'm too annoying I'll change! If I'm t-too ugly I'll change! Just... Just don't leave me!"

Namjoon retracted his arm and shoved him. "I'm leaving with Jin..."

"Namjoon!"

"Namjoon!"

"NAMJOON!"

"NAMJOON!"

Namjoon pretended not to hear his fiancé's please and walked with Jin down the aisle.

Jungkook was left at the alter.