Where are we?

Wills POV

I woke up to a stranger poking me with a stick.

Quite uncomfortable.

I groaned and rolled over onto my feet, feeling dizzy. I put my hand to my head and saw the blood.

"Ow." I said.

"He's alive!" The stranger yelled. More people poked their heads up from literally nowhere.

I blinked trying to figure out if I was hallucinating or not.

They brought me over to the largest group, one of the ladies brought over some bandages and handed them to me, then we all moved deeper into the forest until we came across a village.

I saw the entire group go into a large building and followed, wondering what was going on.

We came to a room and everyone stopped just outside, I made my way through the crowd surprisingly easy, but stopped dead when I saw him.

Nico was laying unconscious on a bed and someone slipped past me carrying fresh bandages from another room.

"Nico..." his arms and shirt were covered in blood, still spilling out. Tears came to my eyes as I ran up to him.

The caretaker had taken off his shirt and started bandaging his wound, completely ignoring me.

I grabbed Nico's hand to check for a pulse, it was barely there. I couldn't stop myself and started crying. He couldn't die, not now.

Then a little girl came over, gently taking my hand and guiding me out of the room. I was too depressed to do anything.

'Don't die, don't die, don't die, DOn'T dIe, dOn'T DiE, DON'T DIE, DON'T DIE!' Was the only thing going through my head.

I started hyperventilating, and crying so hard breathing barely mattered anymore.

Then I heard a voice. It was small and quiet, like how Nico's was when he was shy. I wiped my tears away so I could see and forced myself to calm down.

I looked towards where the voice was coming from and saw it was from a little girl. She was crying something too.

" s-s *hiccup* -or-r *hiccup*-yy." She repeated over and over again. My heart felt like exploding from sadness, but I had to help her calm down first.

" Hey, what are you sorry for?" I said as calmly as i could.

That only made her cry harder.

I patted her hand as she spoke, which seemed to help.

"I-I'm-m s-so-Orr-r-yy-y. I-I d-didn-n't kn-noo-w-w. He-he was s-so n-n-nic-ce,a-and-d I h-u-urt h-him-m."

She stopped speaking to let out another cry.

Then her words hit me. She hurt him? Why?

"Why?" I asked, trying not to sound angry, as that would only make it worse.

She waited till she calmed down before she spoke again.

"I didn't mean to... he scared me, we threw all the rocks, and he didn't get hit once. Then he just poked his head around and startled me,... so.... I grabbed my dagger and-and.."

She started crying again. "He didn't yell or anything, he just smiled. He was dying because of me, and he smiled. Why?"

"Nico is just like that. He wants people to know he's happy when he dies. That way they feel bad about killing him." I said, almost chuckling. Almost. I was still too sad.

"It's not as bad as it sounds. He's like, the prince of the underworld, so he can be a little cold at first, but he has a soft spot for kids." I said, giving her a sad smile.

She smiled back and took something from my hands that I didn't realize I was holding.

It was the bandages that the lady gave me earlier. I completely forgot about my head, but now that I was thinking about it, it hurt like tartarus.

She started wrapping it around my head quite expertly. "My name's Trixie." She said as she finished. "I'm Will."I said.

She left me here to rest and went to Nico's room. She promised me she'd come get me as soon as he woke up, so I took her advice and laid down.

It was so weird, getting treated. I was always the main healer at camp, so I wasn't usually the patient. To admit, it was quite boring. No wonder Nico complained so much.

AN: shout out to NicoPrinceofdarkness for inspiring me to make another long chapter. This took a few hours more than usual, but I hope you like it! <3 Thank you for reading!
-Skya