backfire

Will's POV

It hurt. Bad. I tried to ignore it. I wouldn't make Nico more worried.

"Nothing you need to worry about." I forced a smile and put a hand on his shoulder.

"Okay." He looked up at my eyes. I gazed down into his, then pulled away and stood up. What had started as a painful ache in my chest, had gotten bigger and hurt worse. I could feel it slowly spreading.

"Let's get ready and go. We're only about 5 hours away." I needed to get back. Soon.

Nico's POV

Something was wrong with Will. Whatever happened had affected him and he wasn't telling me.

5 hours later

We finally got back, and were greeted by Trixie and many other nameless people.

Will seemed ready to collapse. "Hey, Trix, I need to rest for a bit. Do you think we can just rest a bit?" I heard him say. Trixie nodded and led me and Will away from the crowd before going back to explain to everyone else.

"Will. Are you sure you're okay?" I asked when we got to a quiet bedroom. "...no. But I didn't want to worry you." He looked sad.

A second later he got super tense. I could hear his breathing quicken. I had watched Will in the infirmary millions of times, but I had no idea what to do.

He likes it when I touch his tail. I could try that. I gently rested a hand on his tail.

He made a small noise. I saw his hand move up to clutch his chest. So that's where the pain is coming from.

I reached out and put my hand on his. "Will. You need help. Nobody here can do anything. We need to get to camp." He looked at me.

"Trixie. We need to bring Trixie. This place... everyone is a demigod. It's protected by Artemis' hunt. Trixie knows what she is. Soon enough monsters will come. Big ones. Trixie knowing is putting everyone in danger. She-" he fell forward.

Crashing into me, I could feel him tremble. He held me tightly. I didn't know what to think. Trixie's a demigod? He's hugging me! But he's hurting badly. All I could do was hug him back.

AN: yay. Short chapter. But I'm back! I'll post again soon... hopefully.😅