Tree part 2

Will's POV:

I woke up to what sounded like meowing? No that couldn't be right. I looked around. It was morning and Nico was already up talking to himself.

"Shh! Will's asleep!" I heard him whisper.

"Nico? What are you doing?" I said rubbing my eyes.

He was wearing a hoodie I've never seen before. "And where'd you get the cute hoodie?"

"Ummm..." he was clearly hiding something from me.

"...don't tell me, I did something weird in my sleep." I sighed. I must've made the hoodie on him while I was sleeping. No wonder he was already awake.

I took a closer look at him. It was actually really cute! Then I saw something move in his pocket. "What's in the pocket?" I asked.

"Oh.. um.. nothing?" He put on a nervous smile.

"Doesn't matter." I said. If he didn't want to tell me something, he didn't have to.

"Come on, if we start walking now we should make it to the tree by lunch." I made the camp disappear and started walking.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Nico's POV:

We made it to a large tree, covered with strange symbols. I reached out to touch it, but Will stopped me."the villagers told us not to touch it."

His face looked very serious. I lowered my hand."okay... so then what do we do if we can't touch it?" I asked, sitting down on the grass.

"I can try to figure out what these symbols mean." He said hovering his hand over the bark.

Then out of nowhere, Kudo ran out from my hoodie pocket and leaped onto Will knocking him into the tree.

---------AN. Kudo is the cat. See if you can guess where I got his name from.----------

Will's POV:

One second I was looking at the tree, the next, I felt something hit me, and everything went black.

"NO! KUDO! BAD KITTY!" I heard someone say. "Oh no, Will..." it was Nico, he started crying. I could feel something heavy come down on top of me.

I mewed.

The weight immediately came off. I was so shocked. I can't believe I just mowed. That's what cats do, not demigods.

Then all at once the black was pulled away to reveal an almost blinding light at first. Then it dimmed down, revealing Nico, holding my clothes.
Not only that, but everything was huge.

"...Will?" Nico asked, wiping what looked like tears from his face.

'Yes! Yes, it's me!' I said. Or at least tried to say, it came out in frantic meowing. At least Nico seemed to understand.

"I'm so glad! I thought the tree turned you to dust or something!" More tears started running down his face. "....Wait..... why are you a cat?" He didn't bother to wait for an answer.

Not like he can understand me now anyway.

Then another cat came out from behind Nico. It was black, like a shadow. Its fur even moved like one.

"Kudo!" Nico said snatching up the cat.

"I'm so sorry Will, I made him last night. I didn't want you to have to use up all your energy all the time, so I tried doing it myself, and I ended up making Kudo here." He said holding up the cat.

"Hi!" He said. "He can talk!?" I shouted, but Nico didn't hear me. I apparently didn't meow. He didn't seem to hear Kudo either.

"You can understand me? Yay! Nico couldn't, but you can! By the way, have you seen Will anywhere? My human really likes him, but he dissapeared." Kudo stopped talking, looking around for what I assumed would be me. If I was still a human.

"I'm Will." I told him. "But Will's a human. Like Nico! You're a cat like me! You can't be! Unless...." he trailed off. "Unless what?" "Unless you've become a neko! That would be amazing! You can tell Nico what I'm saying!" I stopped him.

"I'm sorry, I don't even know what a "neko" is. And I'm pretty sure Nico can't understand me either right now." I said, glancing up at Nico.

"Oh, of course not! You're in your cat form! You just have to change back!" Kudo was very exited. "I don't exactly know how." I said.

"That's the easiest part! You just have to think of something you love the most! If you want to be a cat again, you just have to lick the back of your hand." "Ew, gross." I said. "About the love or the hand?" Kudo tilted his head to one side.

I ignored him and tried what he said. Something I live the most... I looked up at Nico again. He was waiting patiently, as if he knew we were talking.

He looked so cute in that hoodie. His bangs stuck out of the top, and his eyes were such a deep brown- I got cut off from my thoughts when he suddenly jerked back, his eyes thoroughly fixed on me.

I looked down, to see hands. Human hands. I had on a nice soft shirt. It felt like my cat fur. It was a dark orange. I also had on some surprisingly comfortable pants.

I smiled. I'm human again! I looked back up at Nico, but he was still shocked. Confused, I looked down at Kudo.

"He'll be fine. Just not used to your new ears yet." He said, looking up at me. He didn't meow or anything, but I could still hear him.

'Ears? What happened to my ears?' I reached up to where my ears should be. But they weren't there. Then I reached up through my hair and felt a pair of warm, fuzzy, cat ears.

I screamed.

No, what's happening? This can't be real. My ears aren't supposed to be there! I lashed my tail. ...tail!? I still have a tail!?

I felt a hand on my shoulder and flinched away. It was Nico. I realized that I was curled up in a ball on the ground. Crying. Nico had stepped back.

I looked at him. He looked so hurt. I pulled him closer. He didn't resist. In fact, I'm pretty sure he hugged me back.

AN: I tried giving this one a sadder ending, but I'm not very good at it yet. You'll just have to suffer later. Also, I'm going to be traveling around for the next few weeks, starting this weekend. I will be working on ideas during that time, so I won't be posting tull I get back. Maybe I'll post again right before I leave, maybe not. It depends on how quick I can come up with another chapter. Thank you for reading!
           -Skya