Devil's

Will's POV

Cold? I can warm you up. I turned back into my human form and wrapped up his legs with mine.

I'm a son of Apollo. This better be warm enough. Then I noticed where his hands were.

He didn't, though. He looked adorable and hot at the same time. I started to feel hot too.

I wanted to kiss him, but I wasn't sure how he would react, so I hugged him instead.

"Is this better?" I asked. He didn't respond, that is, with words at least. What he did do was amazing.

I didn't think he had noticed his hands were there, but he pulled me in.

I had been hovering my body over his, as I was afraid that he might shove me off or something, but now he had actually hugged me. The infamous ghost king hugged me! On purpose!

"Yes." He whispered and brought his face upwards and buried it in the crook of my neck.

Sitting up a little, his lips were no longer a available, and I wanted to kiss him so bad, I couldn't help myself... well, maybe I could, but I didn't want to.

I breathed in his scent. It was cool, like fresh air, and warm too. The smell was the best part. He smelled cool and sweet. Like a candy cane on Christmas morning.

He quickly pulled his hand away and reached both of them up, closer to my shoulders.

I smiled a little and pulled him on top of me, laying down softly and cuddled him.

"Will..." he mumbled. "Hm?" I didn't even notice when my voice changed.

"Are you... okay?" I was confused and pulled away a little, so I could see his face. It was worried.

"Why wouldn't I be?" I noticed that one.

'Get away!' I thought to the thing that I was sure had changed my voice. I pulled back away from Nico. I didn't want him to get hurt again.

'I can't! Are you stupid?! I'm your cat. Sometimes my instincts just take over. Especially around Nico. You like him, my instincts kick in, it wastes my energy, and I get yelled at!'

'So... you're not going to hurt him?' I asked, or, rather thought, hopefully.

'Not now, no.' That was definitely not reassuring. 'Don't worry, I'm a part of you, so we share most of the same feelings... sort of. My instincts react when you feel strong emotions. Like just now, you really wanted him bad. So I gave him to us. A little mind control and-' I cut him off.

'Mind control?! What did you do!?'

'Calm down. I just made it so he couldn't stop us. Everything else was all him and you... mostly.'

'Just let me talk to him. No mind control!' I scolded.

'I told you earlier, I don't have a choice. If I could I'd stay as far away as being in your body let's me. All this stuff takes up a lot of energy that I'm trying to save.'

I ignored him and looked back to Nico, who looked as if he had just noticed what was going on.

Nico's POV

I had no memory of the past few minutes. All I knew was my shoulders no longer hurt, me and Will were both shirtless, and it seemed like something happened with the creepy... whatever it was.

"What happened?" I looked up at Will's face. He looked angry, then scared, then sad.

"He... did something... I... i didn't even know... I'm sorry, I'm so, so sorry." I moved forward, but he flinched away. Was he scared of me? No. He was scared of hurting me.

I got up and walked over to him. "I'm not scared of him. And you don't have to be either." I gave him a hug. It usually felt wierd to hug people, but this was nice.

He reached out and wrapped his arms around me, dragging me in as close as possible. He took in a shaky breath and buried his face in my neck.

His ears were back and his tail droopy. I patted his head a few times until his ears started fluffing up.

Then I stroked his tail gently. He started purring, sending a soft rumble up my neck. It felt great. I continued to pet his tail, and he continued purring.

The purring got louder the closer to the base of his tail I got. My arm was getting tired from stroking his long tail, so I just rested my hand on it.

"Mmm..." he mumbled. I couldn't understand him, so I stopped and pulled his face out to where he could speak more clearly.

"Why'd you stop?" And with that, he put his face back down.

I didn't do anything for a few seconds, and he moved his head back down. He was now breathing heavily.

It felt wierd, unnatural. Then he spoke. "Get away. I can't let you get hurt again." His voice changed. I tried to move away, but couldn't.

"I- I can't. Will, what's happening?" His breathing started getting  harsher and I could see his hair getting darker.

"I can't-" He pushed me off. I tried to back away, but something was holding me down.

Whatever happened next was all a blur.

The things POV

Alright, stop calling me the thing or it or him, it's really annoying. At least call me something cool and scary, like The Devil. No, that doesn't sound quite ri-

The Devil's POV

Seriously writer!? You know what, nevermind. I'll get what I want when I get my name. But for now, let's continue the story.

"Hello Nico. I haven't properly introduced myself yet. I'm Will's cat. I came from the tree."

"Will hasn't properly named me yet, but I would much prefer it if you would stop referring to me as 'the thing' or 'it'." He nodded as best as he could.

"Good. Now, mine and Will's emotions are connected. Mine just tend to be stronger." I stepped forward.

"You stay off of him!" Will yelled.

"I'm sorry, but I'm trying to make a friend. Do you think you could do better?" I said out loud.

"Yes, actually I do." He seemed determined.

"Ok. But you get no help from my magic. Whatever happens, he will remember." And with that, I erased Nico's memory of the conversation and let will take over.

AN I'm sorry for not posting in so long. I tend to work better away from home, but I've been busy with my second solangelo story, howling at the sun, and I'm trying to make longer chapters, so, yeah, busy. I hope you all have had a good new year. Word count 1124. Thank you for reading!
  -Skya