Surprize update! What happened? (i was bored😅)

TW: cuteness, crying, yelling, and scared bois.

AN: I was listening to demons by imagine dragons near the end of this chapter, so, that's where the worst part is.🙃

Nico's POV:

Will was a human, then a cat, then a human again. But this time his ears were different, and he had a tail.

It all happened so suddenly, then he screamed. It shattered my heart to see him like this. It beat faster, and faster. I couldn't keep up.

I can't believe it when I notice him flinch away from me. I feel like I'm back in tartarus.

Then he hugs me. Hugs me tight. Every bit of fear I had a second ago, was thrown away. I melted into his arms. He was so warm, so hurt. I'd never seen him like this.

We stayed like that for what felt like hours. Then Kudo started mowing at me.

I don't know what happened, but Will looked extremely embarrassed, and huffed at the tiny kitten. Resulting in him hugging me tighter.

"What just happened?" I asked Will.

"Oh, umm, I'll tell you later." He started blushing really hard. "Will, we have a whole three days before we get back. I thing we have time for you to just tell me." I said sternly, wriggling out of his grasp, instantly regretting it once his warmth left.

"Well, since I still have the ears, not only can I hear you, but also cats, and other animals." He said. "What did Kudo say?" I asked, completely unfazed by his previous answer.

"Well... he.. umm.... said that.... you... how do I say this, umm... he said that you were the reason I turned back. Or, mostly turned back..." he trailed off, messing with his overly fluffy tail. It looked so soft. I wanted to pet it so bad!

"You okay neeks?" Will interrupted. "Oh, yeah! FiNe!" I shouted, a little too loudly, making Will wince. "Oh no! I'm sorry, I didn't mean to." I said reaching up to his ears. We were still sitting down, so I could reach them pretty easily. His ears were so soft.

His head leaned in and I petted him. He looked adorable when he purred... wAiT! "Will, are you purring?!"

"No!" He immediately jumped back and tried to hide his face, but I grabbed it.

I turned his head so he was facing me again. "It's nothing to be ashamed of." I said softly. "It's actually kinda cute."

He looked up at me, straight in the eyes. "Did I say that out loud?" I said, looking away. I was sure I was blushing.

When I looked back up, Will's face was less than an inch away from mine. I froze. He was so close. I could kiss him so easily right now.

I realized that my face was slowly, very slowly, moving closer. I could swear his was too.

But SOMEONE had different plans. (I did warn you in my dream last night🙄) I fell backwards, and Will followed, only he caught himself and me.

His arms were wrapped around my waist, propped up by his elbows. Everything happened so fast, my arms acted on instinct and wrapped around  the nearest thing. Which was Will. More specifically, his neck.

Will's arms below me collapsed, and we both fell to the grass, finally connecting our lips.

He didn't pull away, and neither did I. This was the best day of my life! Will started purring again, causing a soft rumble to pass through my body.

His hands reached up to cup my face, and I tangled mine into his hair. It felt amazing.

Will's POV:

Our faces got closer and closer. I was just about to kiss Nico when he fell backwards.

I tried to catch him, but I tripped over my tail. He hit his head hard and blacked out.(sorry not sorry.)

I stopped myself from slamming on top of him. We were so close. I could kiss him now, and he would never have to know.

No! Bad! I can't just take this from him! That would be horrible! He would hate me if he found out.

Something in the back of my mind rang out. 'If' it said. 'If, he found out.'

That's right. He wouldn't have to know. But then I would have to live with it. 'He wouldn't know.' The voice spoke again. "But I would!" I shouted back.

Kudo winced. I had completely forgotten he was there. 'I-I'm just gonna go back home now.' He mewed, pointing towards Nico.

I was confused. Then he slinked into Nico's shadow.

At that moment, Nico woke up. 'Aw, great! You blew it!' The voice in my head started yelling at me. "Well how was I supposed to know! It's not my fault he woke up!" I yelled back at what seemed to be nothing.

I looked over at Nico, only to see him starting to shadow travel.

'NO!' The voice in my head screamed and I felt like I just got shoved. I opened my eyes again, but everything was different.

I was in a dark room with a tv on the wall. On the tv was Nico. He was no longer shadow traveling, but instead, I was holding him down. No not me, the voice was controlling my body.

Nico's POV (again)

"It's not my fault he woke up!" Will yelled.

What happened? I thought, no, it was a dream. A stupid, stupid dream. He didn't really love me. He's straight. Why would he?

He just wanted me gone. I'll go. You don't ever have to see my face again. I could feel hot tears fall down my face as I tried to shadow travel.

Emphasis on tried.

Will's eyes connected with mine. I could see sadness. His ears and tail moved with uncontrollable speed. I could feel his heart beat faster.

His eyes changed and he screamed. It was painful, sad. Then, before I could do anything, he gasped and pounced on me.

He looked different, felt different.

His cat parts suddenly stopped moving. His eyes were blank, but he had tears pouring out.

His hands were shaking and he made this high pitched noise. "Stop it!" His voice had changed.

His hands went up to his head. "No! You're hurting him!" This time it was normal.

"He was running away!"

"He was scared!"

Will struggled to get off of me.

"What are you doing?! He's going to get away!"

"Good! At least he'll be away from you!"

"We are the same person! If he leaves, neither of us will ever see him again!"

"If that's what it takes to get you away from him, then so be it! If you do that ever again I'll kill myself! I won't let you touch him!"

"RUN!" He said this part to me.

I couldn't just leave. Will was fighting something in his head, he needed help. I knew that much.

Then his hair turned brown and his clothes got all dark. "RUN!" his voice was slowly changing, then he screamed again, falling to the ground.

I watched as Will faded and was replaced by something else. Then it looked me in the eyes, glaring. I could see traces of tears. Then I ran.

AN: I had realized that most people give Nico all the trauma, so I decided to switch that around and give Will a hard time.😈 Don't worry, he'll be fine.😇 Thank you for reading!
          -Skya