"Bacon, eggs, and toast." She called out, lifting an arm so I could see it above the side of the couch. She stuck her thumb up. I watched her arm flop back down.

"I'm not making anything unless you actually get up." I teased. There was a sudden gust of wind and I knew she was seated at the counter behind me.

"I'm up dad. Please feed me." Nora sighed, she sounded exhausted.

"Alright, alright." I laughed, grabbing the eggs and bacon from the fridge but I paused when I felt my phone buzz three times in a row. Someone must really need me. "Hold that thought."

Nora was falling asleep at the counter and hardly noticed that I had stopped in the process of making her breakfast. I pulled my phone from my pocket to see who had texted me.

Caity Frost//5:37am: Barry! There is something wrong with Caitlin!

Caity Frost//5:37am: She woke up and decided to head home but she got weak and dizzy the second we got back to the apartment. She can barely see straight. I had to take over to text you.

Caity Frost//5:38am: Do not let our girl die, Allen!

"Breakfast is going to have to wait, Nora." I said, slipping my phone back into my pocket. So much for checking on Caitlin after breakfast. She needed me now. Nora seemed more awake now, noting the serious tone in my voice.

"Is everything alright? Do you need my help with anything?" She asked, using her speed to run upstairs, she came back fully dressed. She came to stand in front of me.

"Caitlin is having some sort of reaction to the serum. Killer Frost texted me, Caitlin isn't doing so hot. I want you to go to Joe's and tell him I need him to get me out of work today. This could be serious." She nodded and ran out the door at super speed. I grabbed a few things before I followed her lead and dashed out the door as fast I could, getting to Caitlin's apartment in seconds.

When I got there nothing seemed out of the ordinary. That was until I noticed that her keys were still hanging out of the lock with the door closed. I snatched them out and opened the door, almost tripping over Caitlin, who was slumped right in front of the door. I picked her up carefully, kicking the door shut behind me before walking her to her room. I laid her down on the bed as gently as I could.

I took a step back and looked down at her, she was so pale. I was worried. I ran my hand through her hair and she groaned softly. Why couldn't she have just stayed in the lab where she was safe? We could have monitored her better to catch a bad reaction like this.

"What the hell am I supposed to do?" I groaned to myself. I leaned in and checked her pulse. At least her heart rate was where it was supposed to be. She was still alive and breathing. Little wins. She must have just passed out. I ran a hand through my hair, she seemed fine but I wasn't a doctor, I couldn't make this call. Against my better judgment, I turned and decided to run back in time.